iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Very Special Auction

Started by Jeff, February 22, 2012, 05:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You could probably go ahead and put it on the block and the bidding would start. :)
I'd bid on it.
These are nice enough pics to get my check book out.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Roxie

Cowboy Bob drooled all over the keyboard. 
Say when

thecfarm

Now there is some craftmenship!!! That is some pretty.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warbird

*whistle*  Wow.  That's impressive.  I hope my tax return gets here soon cause I want to bid on that bad boy.

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Warbird on March 01, 2012, 11:20:20 AMI hope my tax return gets here soon cause I want to bid on that bad boy.

That's just what I was thinking.... 8)

Rooster

Hey,

I've been in contact with nebruks and John Neeman, and they said that before they shipped the axe they gave it a quick test drive...  something was mentioned about "works just like a chainsaw...without all the noise and air pollution".

Just remember guys, even though it looks pretty, there isn't anything "fluffy" about it. It's one lean, mean, chopping tool.  Who ever wins this auction, better be prepared to give a demo via photos or video. 8D

It can sit in a place of honor when not in use, but it was born of fire and wood...so it should be allowed to fulfill it's birth-rite.

The bidding will not only support the Forum, but it will also send a message to those who made it, in that we appreciate the skill and craftsmanship that they have shared with this community.

Get ready guys...it's almost on Jeff's doorstep!

Rooster
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Like the rest of you......I'm waiting on my AXE return from the IRS.  :)

Magicman

I made my AXE money with last week's sawing.  Bring it on.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Remember the little 'ol Lady on T.V. that would walk into Wendy's, get a burger, open it up and say "Where's the beef?".

Every morning, I open up the auction site, scroll down and say, "Where's the AXE?"   :D :D :D :D :D :D

doctorb

Quite impressive.  I'd be proud to own that.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

I can't start the auction until the Ax actually gets here. That might take a couple weeks. I've sent things to just Canada that took 6 weeks to get there.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

We're just funning with ya Jeff....Good things come to those who wait.

Please do not put the axe up for auction until Magicman is out of town sawing.

All us members would love to have a chance at it.  :)

doctorb

C'mon Jeff.  Even eBay has a "BUY IT NOW" option. :D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Rooster

6 Weeks to Cananda?  Eh?

Well that's what you get for trying to ship a stuffed Spotted Owl, packed in a box made out of Green Ash slab-wood, that spent a month in the trunk of a car owned my a crack dealer, with a big sticker that said, "Caution/Explosives", addressed to the Queen Mum, while she was on holiday in Toronto...haha

Let's hope the customs agents don't like felling axes!!

Rooster
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

Rooster

Meadows Miller

Thats fine that its going to take a while to get here Jeff  ;) I missed the Stool  :( :( :'( :'( because I thought I would have a few weeks and I was willing to go to $2 to $3K on that  :) ::) ::) would have been worth every penny  ;) ;D 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

okmulch

Meadows Miller that stool might be for sale if you still have that $3k. :D
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f, Tigercat 724g feller buncher

Jeff

The 6 weeks was a hat to Paul H's house when he lived in Pemberton.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Meadows Miller

:D :D Nah you won it fair n square  Mate ;) ;D  8)I just wasn't ready at the time I told Jesi I ws wiling to go that high too  :) :)  :D plus the moneys prob better spent on a couple of loads of logs or a sharpener n setter atm Mate ;) What did it got for anyway  ??? I reckon Ill donate something like a Dovetail Logwork & Trusses for a Cabin for next years fundraiser once we are settled in down in Alabama they aint hard to ship if you pack em rite  ;) ;D 8)

I have not had a chance to register as I have tried about 6 to 8 times without any luck  :) :) ??? ???

okmulch

Meadows Miller, I was just kidding with you. It is a great stool and I am proud to have it. The winning bid was $625.00. Good luck in Alabama I built a cedar sawmill mill there in 1998 around Tuscaloosa Alabama, and ran it for several years before moving to Oklahoma.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f, Tigercat 724g feller buncher

Meadows Miller

I know you where Mate  ;) Thats not bad thought it woulda gone well above that   :o :) :) I have been meaning to message you or your dad about the mill you had down there as I have afew questions was the cedar in Al good quality n worth sawing where you pulling enough grade out of it  to make it pay ??? n how come you closed up shop down here just to far away or bigger things calling you on in Oklahoma Mate ???

Regards Chris

Piston

That sure is a nice looking Axe!  I checked they're website and it looks like their still under construction.  I'm really interested in having something made from them.  Not sure what yet, but I'm sure I need something!   :D

Looking forward to the bidding to commence   ;D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Rooster

John Neeman has a facebook page while the business website is being built..

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100003471671790

Can never have enough tools!!!

I am hoping to have those guys make a couple custom timber-framing tools for me...like a"swan slick", 1" slick, or maybe a competition felling axe.  Just not sure which one.

Rooster
Mike Rowe

Rooster

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Jeff on March 04, 2012, 04:06:55 PM
The 6 weeks was a hat to Paul H's house when he lived in Pemberton.

That's because the delivery guy was on vacation. When I lived in Prince Rupert there was one guy from Terrace to Rupert doing the run. I had a parcel that arrived in Vancouver with a couple days from PA I think. It took 4 weeks to get to Rupert because this guy was on holidays. Things work a lot different out there. :D

I've been admiring that axe, but am no competition for the axe hounds on here. :D ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doctorb

Beautiful clear-blue morning here today.  24 degrees.  Minimal wind.  Perfect day to fell a tree with an AXE!

Radar67

8) 8) Hope you guys are ready for this, I just got my tax return in.... ;) ;) ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Thank You Sponsors!