iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Very Special Auction

Started by Jeff, February 22, 2012, 05:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I went to the bank today.....SCSMITH42 might be in trouble!  :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

I got my refund today, and plan to spend it the end of the week. 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: beenthere on March 13, 2012, 05:08:49 PM
I got my refund today, and plan to spend it the end of the week. 8)

Sounds good, but you really should consider picking up 4 1/2 days worth of Aluminum cans also.   :D

beenthere

I'm working on that too. :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: beenthere on March 13, 2012, 05:25:13 PM
I'm working on that too. :D

Me too!  This guy ( I felt sorry for him ) stopped by the mill the other day asking me if I had any scrap metal he could have to take a sale.
I didn't have any, but I was thinking to myself....."MAN, THIS IS AXE WEEK!".  :)

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 13, 2012, 05:06:04 PM

From the looks of Scott's bidding history, I think you're only in trouble if you robbed the bank today :o

I am out of this one. My wife would have beaten me with a rolling pin if she saw the last bid I put in :D
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on March 13, 2012, 05:59:07 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 13, 2012, 05:06:04 PM

From the looks of Scott's bidding history, I think you're only in trouble if you robbed the bank today :o

I am out of this one. My wife would have beaten me with a rolling pin if she saw the last bid I put in :D

Change your bidding " ID " to "ILOVEMYWIFE4EVER". This should let you bid some more Dodgy and keep you out of trouble.

............You can trust me on this one!  ;D ;D ;D..............

Jeff

Dodgy,  I can make this one available if you would like it. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

That axe would be adequate protection against a rolling pin. Must have quit carrying it around or couldn't take it with him.   ??? ::) ;D
south central Wisconsin

POSTON WIDEHEAD

What's that RED on that axe?   ???

doctorb

Is that axe a conversation starter or stopper? :D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Magicman

I have seen turkeys puff up, but they were full of hot air too.  I am sawing Thursday and Friday and I will come home with my pockets axeually stuffed.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

scsmith42

I think that I'm going to change my auction handle to "The Toaster", cause y'all are TOAST when it comes to winning this auction...   ;)

The location where the Axe will be displayed has already been decided too....   :D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Chuck White

Well it's not hard to believe at this point, but if I was going to bid on the axe, it would have had to been the first bid of the auction.  ;D

At that point, I would have been in the lead!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Radar67

Based on the number of bids each, Scott and I are tied. Wonder if that means anything?
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

scsmith42

Quote from: Radar67 on March 13, 2012, 07:49:22 PM
Based on the number of bids each, Scott and I are tied. Wonder if that means anything?

Terry, I think that it means that neither one of our wives are members of the Forestry Forum....   :D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

doctorb

Ah, guys......I'm still here.  It would make a lovely axeccent above my mantle.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Shotgun

I don't think it's wise to hang it over the fireplace, Doc.  You might have an axeident.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Violin_smiley Violin_smiley Violin_smiley Violin_smiley Violin_smiley Violin_smiley Violin_smiley Violin_smiley Violin_smiley Violin_smiley

I have read all the latest comments concerning the AXE.........Yaaaaawn.

Piston

You guys are all talk....

Less talk more bidding. 

:D

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Magicman

I am not going to hang it anywhere and admire it.  That axe was forged, hammered, sharpened, and tempered with love and it deserves nothing less than to be wielded against an evil enemy.  Sweetgum.  My axe will be a working tool.   splitwood_smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on March 13, 2012, 08:36:16 PM
I am not going to hang it anywhere and admire it.  That axe was forged, hammered, sharpened, and tempered with love and it deserves nothing less than to be wielded against an evil enemy.  Sweetgum.  My axe will be a working tool.   splitwood_smiley

I will hand it down to my Son...Paul. I'll never use it. Will look good over the fireplace!

Pics coming next week.  :)

Piston

David,
Are you interested in adopting another son?  I could be available next week? 
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Piston on March 13, 2012, 08:55:28 PM
David,
Are you interested in adopting another son?  I could be available next week?

PISTON / POSTON....You want have to change much.....wait a minute....send pics.  :)

doctorb

Magicman

Are you auditioning for a part in the next Lord of the Rings movie? :D

Thank You Sponsors!