iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

visited some old giants

Started by sawmill_john, February 14, 2004, 11:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawmill_john

Hi out there, I've been very busy these last months and have only had time to pop in and check out what was going on on the fourm for just short times, well Steve and I just got back from the "World Ag Expo" in Tulare CA where we snuck out to Sequoia National Park and we able to rub elbows with some of the oldest living things on earth. They are so big I couldn't get the trees in on picture. Here are a few pictures, I would highly recommend this area for a visit, but from what the locals say do it in the late fall or early spring, the crowds are unbearable in summer.

We had some real nice logs at the show this one was a Ponderosa Pine - 36" on the small end by 8' long and produced 520 bdf of mostly full 1" x 12" x 8' clear boards. The weather was great and the food was even better.

Ianab

Excellent, love to see trees like that
So big you have to look twice to see em once.. literally  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Norm

Thanks for showing us John, those are some impressive trees. Nice one on the deck your sawing too.  :)

Bill_B

Bill B

Thank You Sponsors!