iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mill repower

Started by coastlogger, March 11, 2012, 03:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastlogger

Am still reviewing my options re bandmill repwer. Want something around 25 hp. Wonder what Members have found to be a good unit ie Honda Kohler etc. Cost is a factor ,right after reliability.
I have been toying with a used Yanmar diesel option but (today) im a little sour on that as the mods required are so extensive.Would have to extend frame, rig up a weight compesation system etc etc. An air cooled unit would I think bolt right in where 13 honda is now.
clgr
clgr

sawguy21

The big v-twins are not cheap. Have a look at Briggs and Stratton, they offer a 23 hp Vanguard that is smooth, reliable and readily available.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pineywoods

I put a liquid cooled 25 hp kawasaki on my lt40. Same motor that's used on cub cadet lawn tractors. It was an easy swap, back up sawing the same day...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

customsawyer

I have a 27hp Kohler that has over 4000 hours on it and it is still going but seems to run rough if this new fuel gets over a couple of weeks old. The other side of the coin is a Kawisaki on my lawn mower it don't have the hours on it yet but it doesn't seem to fuss as much about the new fuel. I would also have to say that I love the 55 hp Yanmar that I put on my mill. It uses about half the fuel as the 62hp perkipiller that I replaced. I only have 2500 hours on it so far but it hasn't given a single hiccup yet. Knock on wood.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

peanuts roost

You might want to check out    www.brandnewengines.com        I hope its ok to mention other websites.

Thank You Sponsors!