iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gypo Logging

Started by lumberjack48, March 11, 2012, 06:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack48

I could have pulled 5+ cds a day with the wife running this Alpine in Swamp Spruce or Tamarack. That would have been some easy living.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=varyj07di9o&list=FLLrMZcmecJApDamempwT7kA&index=1&feature=plpp_video
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

snowstorm

the co. that built that sled ski doo went on to building trains and airplanes. then split off into 2 different co. brp makes the sleds atv and evinrude out boards. at the factory in valcourt quebec there is a nice display of old sleds and the tracked machines. skidders feller bunchers ect

Ron Scott

The Alpine was a "workhorse" machine.
~Ron

Al_Smith

At the risk of sounding ignorant what in the world do they do with such skinny trees ? Creosote  treated small telephone poles ,fence posts ,pulp ?

lumberjack48

Al i logged many thous of cords of Spruce and Tamarack that size, 10 to 15 trees to a cd, depends on how tall they are, 3 sticks to 5 sticks tall.[ pulpwood ] 20 yrs ago i got $25. a cd on the landing, cutting and skidding
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

colinofthewoods

ha ha ,  that looks like fun.  I'd run that for free for a week, just for something different. :D

DeerMeadowFarm

Cool machine. Trappers loved those machines!

Al_Smith

I had thought it was for pulp but really didn't know .In southern Ohio they cut a lot of skinny trees for pulp .

It's so hilly in those parts there's not much you do with the hill sides besides grow some type trees ---or raise mountain goats --Hmm that would give a new meaning to "Hill Billy " .

Thank You Sponsors!