iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Carco F-50-PS winch

Started by boltbender, April 04, 2012, 02:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boltbender

Good day to all!  I would really appreciate some help on this one because I have spent countless hours on line and calling dealers with little success. I recently bought a 1980? 1450 Case dozer with a Carco F-50-PS winch.  I could only run the winch line out and in without a load because of the location, but it worked perfectly without a load.  When I took the dozer to the woods, I tried the winch and it was slipping through the clutch when trying to pull a tree.  To make a long story shorter: I tore the winch down and the power in clutches were worn out so I tried to get a parts manual online and from a dealer with little success until yesterday Southeastern Eqp't. called me back and e-mailed me what they think is the right parts manual which I really appreciated.  They found one place that they can get all five steel and four friction disks for the astronomical price of $1592.14 !!  Does anyone know of any place to get a Carco manual and another source for friction discs ?  Thanks to all.

DDDfarmer

Hi there,  I have a carco F - 4 on my old D6 and after searching for a couple years I found a book for a f-6 on fleabay.  Not the proper book but does help with the basics of the carco winch.  I would watch there right now is a book for a 30 and 60 you might wait and find your 50.  Can't help with the clutch parts sorry.
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

Clam77

This is the company that holds the Carco winch line.. they might have an online doc or you may be able to call them and get one..

http://www.carcowinch.com/manualsanddocs/manualsanddocs.aspx
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

Thank You Sponsors!