iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Von Ruden Mfg Co. Hydraulic chainsaw

Started by fishpharmer, April 15, 2012, 07:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

Terrifictimbers posted a picture of one over on another thread.  WDH was running the chainsaw. Not our WDH, it was terrific timbers granddad.  A very neat photo. 

I know where two chainsaws like that are located.  One a few miles from me.  The other at the Louisville Slugger Museum in Louisville, KY on static display.  I would wager Pigman has seen that one too. ;).

Does anyone have any additional info or pics of a Von Ruden Chainsaw?
Thanks
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

terrifictimbersllc

Here's the photo of my grandpa and uncle, with the hydraulic chainsaw,  circa 1955.  Kodachrome taken by my father.

File I selected for upload was over 1MB but it goes into my album as only 23K.  Would be happy to post bigger photo if anyone knows what is up with this.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

pineywoods

Terrific, the uploader program automaticaly resizes photos to place in your albumns. Thanks to Jeff. We used to have to resize them manually. Keeping the size down helps reduce storage costs on the server...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

bandmiller2

I think hyd. chainsaws and trimmers are common in the tree business and utilities, for use in buckets, but very costly.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

sawguy21

Hydraulics were also used in the mines for cutting timbers. Also for under water cutting, gas engines don't work well here. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!