iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cracked rear air chamber plate. (eclassic 2300)

Started by stumper, May 07, 2012, 02:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumper

It appear that I have a crack in the plate to the rear air chamber of my Eclassic 2300.  It runs from one of the factory air inlet holes up to the rear shelf and accross it to the back wall.  I know other have, as do I similar cracks in the side air chmber plates, but I have not heard anyone mention one in the rear air chamber.

So if I leading the pack or do others have that same issue?

doctorb

The only cracks I have are similar to yours.  There are also expansion slits in some 2300's, dependent upon when they were built, that were placed in the back wall air chamber on either side of center. I mistook those expansion slits as cracks 2 years ago, then CB sent me some pics of my model, demonstrating those factory installed cuts in the back wall air chamber.
Anyway, you're definitelynot leading the pack on this one!  I had cracks after my first year of use and have not had any problems related to them, now three full heating seasons into it.  As long as the water jacket is not leaking.....burn on!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!