iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2012 Forestry Forum Pigroast RSVP Thread!

Started by Jeff, May 28, 2012, 11:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I'll defer that to the other members that have stayed before. I've never stayed in any of them. :)  There are some that I could not recommend if specified.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Burlkraft

I usually stay in Clare. The Doherty is a nice old hotel right in downtown Clare. (Right across from the White House 24 hours breakfast & burgers)

There is another hotel just as you come into Clare...a Days Inn or something like that. I've stayed at each and both are ok
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sparks

I stay in Mt Pleasant. Fairfield Inn is my favorite. Only a 20 minute drive to Jeff's place.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Raider Bill

Quote from: Burlkraft on July 12, 2012, 08:19:54 AM
I usually stay in Clare. The Doherty is a nice old hotel right in downtown Clare. (Right across from the White House 24 hours breakfast & burgers)

There is another hotel just as you come into Clare...a Days Inn or something like that. I've stayed at each and both are ok

I'll attest to those burgers they are dang good! Plant based too ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Jeff

I see Jay's sporting goods is also having a Military Vehicle show and swap meet the August 3, 4 and 5.

Raider Bill

I love that place!! I was going to buy a Half Track there last year but it wouldn't fit in my carry-on. ;D
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Cedarman

Quote from: Raider Bill on July 13, 2012, 02:01:10 PM
I love that place!! I was going to buy a Half Track there last year but it wouldn't fit in my carry-on. ;D
You need a bigger carry on!!!
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Norm

Brad_bb

I'll be number 70
Brad

What time does it start? 
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Wildflower

Here is basically the timeline of the pig roast. (more or less) :D

The Pig roast has evolved into more then Saturday.  Anyone that wants to come Friday is more then welcome, but be prepared to be assigned a job, like holding down a chair or something.  ;D   For any one here, we have a supper that evening and get the pig in the roaster.

Saturday morning we have a breakfast for anyone that is here early or still here from the night before. The actual pig roast as far as we are concerned is underway as soon as the pig hits the roaster the night before.  We try to eat around 12 or 1, something like that. When ever everything comes together.  If you don't show up until then, that's fine, but you are really missing out if you wait. In the afternoon we usually gather around and have drawings for door prizes that sponsors (and sometimes members) have provided.  There is no end time.  Usually its around midnight or after before people drag up and go to bed.

Sunday. Some people hang out or stop back by to visit and help pick up the biggest of the remains of the night before.

What to bring. Yourself and spouse, your kids, swim cloths if you want to swim. If you want to bring a dish to pass, that's cool, but totally unnecessary or expected.
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Lud

I'm hoping to run up for the afternoon.  Call me a likely 71
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Magicman

:o  Looks like there will be a Whack of folks there.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Rooster

Rooster here!  Long time poster....first time pig roaster!

I'll be bringing my new bride, and car-pooling with Brad_bb.  He's got himself a new "ride"!

Rooster & Rooster's Chick makes 73
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

hamish

Well over a thousand clicks and 12hrs each way...........not a chance, a round trip would cost me................dont even want to think about in my truck.

But to everybody have a good time.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Weekend_Sawyer

Jon and Diane can't make it. I have to work.
Boss was very apologetic and it is good to be needed... but.  >:(

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

gspren

Are there any flea markets nearby that would be open Friday morning? Always looking for a bargain.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Jeff

There is a flea market less than a mile from my house. It may be open friday because it is next to the fair grounds, and that is the last weekend of our county fair this year.

oakiemac

Hana and I might be coming. Can't commit at this time but we are going to try to make it this year.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Raider Bill

Here Piggy, Piggy Piggy......

WEEEEE WEEEEEEEE!!

Jeff

Cypressstump

Hopefully by next year I will be able to attend. Sounds like a good time to be had and a lot of fine people to enjoy company with. Would be great to put some names and faces together.

Ya'll enjoy and travelers be safe to and fro'

Stump
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on July 19, 2012, 08:05:12 PM
I am looking for some hog meat ;D.

Do you really want me to tell you where you can get some?  laugh_at
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

Not to mention you can meet the Esteemed WDH Knower of everything trees and myself knower of not much :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!