iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2012 Forestry Forum Pigroast RSVP Thread!

Started by Jeff, May 28, 2012, 11:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

There's no way I can make it, so PLEASE take lots of pictures and post them.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

This is shaping up to be an excellent year for Door Prizes for the Pigroast.  :) 

TRY TO COME!  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

hackberry jake

15 hrs and 17 mins... I would love to go but I hate long car rides. I know you guys will take plenty of pictures though.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Raider Bill

Quote from: hackberry jake on July 20, 2012, 10:47:03 PM
15 hrs and 17 mins... I would love to go but I hate long car rides. I know you guys will take plenty of pictures though.

I rode my bike from Florida 2 years ago through 3 floods, a tornado, hurricane, 2 Indian uprisings and the plague, so that excuse don't work ;D ;D :D :D :D

1400 miles 23 hours
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Magicman

The destination is well worth the journey.   smiley_gossip digin1  smiley_gossip pepsi_smiley smiley_gossip
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

submarinesailor

Well, I'm very sorry to say but we will not be attending this year. @#$%^&*@#$%^& >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

With the daughter working on the weekends on her relatively new job, it would not be a good thing for her to ask for the time off.  And with us having to watch the boys on the weekend, it just isn't going to happen.

SORRY Steve, but no egg rolls for you. :o :o ;) :D :D :D

Bruce

Cedarman

Quote from: submarinesailor on July 21, 2012, 10:21:27 AM
And with us having to watch the boys on the weekend, it just isn't going to happen.

SORRY Steve, but no egg rolls for you. :o :o ;) :D :D :D

Bruce
What's wrong with bringing the boys?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

submarinesailor

Quote from: Cedarman on July 21, 2012, 11:39:52 AM

When was the last time you traveled for 12 hours up and 12 hours back with 2 hyper boys? ::) ::) ::) And they don't want to go.

Raider Bill

Quote from: submarinesailor on July 21, 2012, 11:43:40 AM

When was the last time you traveled for 12 hours up and 12 hours back with 2 hyper boys? ::) ::) ::) And they don't want to go.

Valium and duct tape! ;D Valium for you :D :D

We want egg rolls!
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: submarinesailor on July 21, 2012, 11:43:40 AM

When was the last time you traveled for 12 hours up and 12 hours back with 2 hyper boys?

It could be worse......I could be riding with you!  :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Bruce, I can guarantee, once you got them up here, they'd never let you come back next year with out em.  :)

okmulch

My two boys will not be coming to the pig roast but they will be riding from Oklahoma to Lexington Michigan to stay with BIL. I will drop them off Friday and then head up to the piggy roast. They are 4 and 8 years old.  That is at least 18 hours.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f, Tigercat 724g feller buncher

Dave VH

I'm trying to talk my family into going, they are asking me what there is for my boys.  My boys are 8 and 10.  I'm not real sure what is going on up there to tell them seeing as this would be my first year going.  What should I tell them?
I cut it twice and it's still too short

Raider Bill

food, swimming pool, Burlcraft always has treats

Jeff

Quote from: Dave VH on July 23, 2012, 10:52:50 AM
I'm trying to talk my family into going, they are asking me what there is for my boys.  My boys are 8 and 10.  I'm not real sure what is going on up there to tell them seeing as this would be my first year going.  What should I tell them?

Make sure they bring their swim suits! They'll be other kids here as well. Also a Frisbee dog to help wear them out. :D  Never heard a complaint out of a kid that came yet. :) :)

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Raider Bill

Dave VH

good enough, count us in!  Myself, my wife, and 2 boys. see ya there
I cut it twice and it's still too short

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I lke to follow this thread each year. Makes me smile alot. Seems better than family here.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Last year on the 23rd of July, the count was 34.

tyb525

And to think there was talk of holding the pigroast every two years, due to lack of interest!
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Jeff

I was informed last month that my supplier of blueberry waffle-cone ice cream would no longer be able to get it for me, so we gave up on the idea.  yesterday I found reference to the brand and flavor at a place in Saginaw. We gave them a call and they said that the owner would have to call us yesterday evening. He did call, but told us he could not guarantee delivery in time for the pigroast.  :'(

HOWEVER, he went on to tell us, that Mooney's ice cream is not actually made by Stroh's/Mooney's but made by surefresh, who sells it under the Strohs or Mooney's brands. He then gave us a tip on where to call. Turns out we will be picking up a generous supply of our favorite pigroast ice cream flavor just 15 miles away tomorrow.  8)

Thank You Sponsors!