iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2012 Forestry Forum Pigroast RSVP Thread!

Started by Jeff, May 28, 2012, 11:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jPell

Quote from: thecfarm on July 28, 2012, 07:09:00 AM
jPell,maybe someday I'll pick you up on the way by.  :D

Be careful... I just may take you up on that!!
Wood-Mizer LT-15 with 3 beds, Husky 455, no tractor (yet).
There's something about a saw blade making its way through a piece of wood.

thecfarm

That's the whole idea,jpell. I really would like to go at least once.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

The weather outlook is starting to take a turn towards the not so good. It's still a ways a way, but it looks like we may have to put up the dreaded canopies. I hate to do it, because we have some very nice oaks and maples in our yard that give a great amount of shade, and are a whole lot more pleasant to look at.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

OneWithWood

Much easier to deploy the canopies before the event instead of during a rain shower.  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

My excuse for that is, there was, according to the local weatherman, zero chance of rain that day. :D

sandhills

Jeff I wish you could send that down here for a few days we'd both be tickled, on the other hand if your weather is anything like ours a 50% chance of rain is a guaranteed 99.9% chance it won't  :-\.

WDH

Rain was always an issue in Wood Procurement.  Rain was a Wood Procurement Forester's Moriarty. 

One of the heavy breathers in the company that I used to work for would say to us when we got in trouble and had to pay more for to get wood, "It rains on the just and the unjust."
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Cedarman

To paraphase WDH.  It don't rain on the just and unjust.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Meadows Miller

Sadly I am in Jake's boat too  :( as I am still just getting stuck into things here as I now have 40000bft of Cypress to do and I am just about to get into Falling a block of Pine for My sawlogs and Dad's houselogs along with picking the new mill up and rigging it up to suit Me and Getting the new to me Truck on the road  its like starting all over but its Great to be sawing again  :) ;)  ;D ;D I was debating rite on upto today Just to book the bloody ticket and come over for a couple of days to catch up with all you good people but it looks like it will be next years Ill try dragging Alan and Carl over with me too next year  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Best Regards & Have a Great Time Everybody Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Magicman

smiley_thumbsup   We will head North this afternoon.   move_it   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Drive careful, and watch out for those that don't, Lynn.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Jeff

I've had a few more people say they are coming, that have not said so on the RSVP.  If you get a chance to come, COME! You do not have to RSVP to attend. The reason for the RSVP topic is to get a rough idea on what to expect. Its also to encourage others to attend. :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on July 31, 2012, 01:53:57 PM
smiley_thumbsup   We will head North this afternoon.   move_it   

When the campers rock'n.....don't come knock'n!  smiley_love or  dadgum you, Charlie!  Ya'll drive safe Magic!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

chain

Regrets...actually, two months ago we were planning a trip up your way, even to Canada. That was before the drought became so serious, and...before I decided to have my gall-bladder removed a few days ago. :o

doing A-OK, so have a great roast, maybe next year!

Brad_bb

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Raider Bill

I fly into Saginaw Friday around 5 should be showing up at Pig Roast HQ around 6:30-7pm after checking into the hotel. Hopefully you guys leave me some boiled dinner! digin1
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Harold

gspren

We are now in MI! Only 9 miles out of Ohio but in MI. This morning when we woke up in Elk Co PA we had 2 elk in the campground to watch us leave, very nice. Heading to Harrison tomorrow.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Weekend_Sawyer

My work finished up and the boss gave me Friday and Monday off.  8)
I'll be loading up the bike tonight and heading out in the morning!, 688 miles to Harrison. I should be pulling in Saturday morning.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on August 02, 2012, 10:18:37 AM

My work finished up and the boss gave me Friday and Monday off.  8)
I'll be loading up the bike tonight and heading out in the morning!, 688 miles to Harrison. I should be pulling in Saturday morning.

OUTSTANDING JON!!!!!!
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Jeff

OneWithWood

Excellent news, Jon.  Looking forwad to seeing you again.  8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Raider Bill

Weekend_Sawyer

You guys are great, can't wait to get there.

Bill, unfortunately no. She can't make the hard run. She is a delicate flower and needs gentle handling. Yea, I don't know what she's doing with me either!  :D

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

First arrivals are here! And probably the furthest drive. James and his friend Danial are here from Northern Washington state!

Thank You Sponsors!