iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

orange or red?

Started by zeke44, August 22, 2012, 01:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeke44

I'm down to WM LT15 or TK 1220. I want something that will last & have a good resale value? My ?, is one mill easier to put together then the other...? I would like to thank everyone 4 the help, Zeke 44

Cypressstump

Welcome Zeke !  Let folks know where you are located at, someone may be close by with such a mill you are interested in.

I have a 1220. Really nice mill. I am impressed with it being my first manual mill experience. I have hydl. mill experience on WM 40's. But can't speak to the WM manuals.

Get the most HP you can afford on a manual mill.
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

drobertson

Just don't forget the planer molder attachment that goes on the wmz bed. This could be a good thing.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Leigh Family Farm

DrRobertson,
I watched the video of the planer moulder. Do you know if it can be used on boards or just beams?
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

zeke44

I'm from NE Pa. I want the lap siding attachment & It's between a larger motor or the trailer package.  Thanks, Zeke44

Mooney

Quote from: kilgrosh on August 22, 2012, 04:14:48 PM
DrRobertson,
I watched the video of the planer moulder. Do you know if it can be used on boards or just beams?

It's mainly a log/beam moulder/planer. Material height has to be at least 2.5" high.

It will mould/plane a beam 20.5" wide x 23.5" tall.  :o Hope that answers your question  :)

Leigh Family Farm

Quote from: Mooney on August 23, 2012, 08:52:00 AM
Quote from: kilgrosh on August 22, 2012, 04:14:48 PM
DrRobertson,

It's mainly a log/beam moulder/planer. Material height has to be at least 2.5" high.

It will mould/plane a beam 20.5" wide x 23.5" tall.  :o Hope that answers your question  :)

Thanks Mooney!

Zeke44,
Will you move your mill around at all? Also, keep in mind the closest service place. Scranton to Shade Gap (WM PA location) is only 6 hours so if you ever had major issues, you can get it there. I don't know where the TK would go for repairs, not saying that either model needs repairs. Search around the forum for "diesel vs gas" and you will get a bunch of answers on the HP question. Personally I am looking for a higher HP gas motor because of the hardwoods in our area. My two pennies rubbed together...
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

taylorsmissbeehaven

I was able to put my lt 15 together, level it up and start sawing in about two hours by myself.(well, me and the tractor) I had prepped the ground before I picked it up. But it was pretty easy. I have no experience with the TK but I'm sure its a fine machine. Good luck which ever way you go, Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

Thank You Sponsors!