iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new guy

Started by Compensation, September 14, 2012, 09:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compensation

Hello, i am new to the forum and trying to find my way around. I figure i have a woodmizer, kiln, cat dozer, 13 stihl's and a half wood work shop so this must be the place for me. :)
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

ouachita

Welcome aboard!

My first question would be where are you located?  We have members all over the US as well as the world.

Ouachita
Charles Westmoreland CF, RF
Ivan, Arkansas
Conroe, Texas

Compensation

D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

DanG

Quote from: Compensation on September 14, 2012, 09:54:29 PM
this must be the place for me. :)

Yup, you have landed in a good spot.  Sounds like you will fit right in. 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Warbird

tpyounome

What sort of compensation are you looking for?  From Mitch?

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum!

Always nice to have someone new jump in here.

This is a great place for questions and answers, or just a visit.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

Yes, you have come to the right place.  Welcome!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

Welcome to the forum!   :)
Say when

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum.You have a WM and a kiln. Must be doing something with all that lumber? And a wood shop too. Getting wood out with the dozer? 13 Stihls too. That one in your avatar looks like a big one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Compensation

Thanks everyone!

I carry the name since i always have to have something bigger or better. And it started from a game called pocket legends.

As for the stuff i got i need some guidance. I, like everyone else want to make a little under the table with the equipment. I just don't know what yet. I am going to make a dining room table and chairs for my house right now but don't know what makes the quickest and best dollar. Porch swings, furniture, quarter sawn lumber. I am mediocre on fine woodworking. I use to get grand champ or state grand champ in 4h woodworking. There is still so much for me to learn.

If you have any ideas for me no matter what they are, please leave a comment

OneWithWood

Welcome, Comp.  I live just north of you outside of Unionville. 
Everybody and their brother has a Woodmizer and some type of woodshop in these parts.  The kiln sets you apart a bit.  With all that equipment I suspect you have a good size woodlot or do some logging.  Perhaps we have met.  Send me a PM with some particulars and I will respond. 
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Compensation

Try 1600 acres of family farm. Ok now imagine buying the equipment i have. Now that you have your heart set imagine the family selling the farm and you get $5,000 ira that you get to cash out when you are 55. I am 27 for 4 more days. Every time i dream of something good, this is what happens. I just think positive and know that the sweat on my brow got me this far without handouts.

Other then that i have a toy fetish. I don't have near the wood i want, but i do have a barn screaming to be filled. I love the hobby and exercise.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Compensation.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Leigh Family Farm

Welcome! Maybe I'm just a city guy but 1600 acres?!!! Thats huge! If you have the time, maybe sell rustice furniture like Adirondak chairs and tables. Don't know if this would work in your area. Also, since you have the kiln, maybe offer drying services. Just my two pennies rubbed together...
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Compensation

Thanks kilgrosh! That's what i am talking about! Never even seen those chairs before. They want 500 a pop for those. 100 is more then enough. Sweet!

As for the 1600 acre, you get use to it and it doesn't seem that big. After they sold it is when everyone sees how huge it was. Now that its gone i had turned down some sweet deals. A few months back i could have bought a hydraulic board clamp system that could hold 40 glued panel's all at once for next to nothing.

Burlkraft

Obviously you have not been fully compensated.
I feel for you, I know what it is like to have your future ripped out from under you. In my case greedy family. I'm 54 you have a long time to be bitter.
1600 acres is a big piece. I can just imagine the trees......and the burls....and the lumber  :-\

I suggest you keep trying on the fine furniture. You'll have burning pieces and pieces that you'll really be proud of..i.e. WDH
Mistakes will be made, but what a great way to learn. I've burned more than a couple of my pieces that I learned on.
Don't get discouraged, hang in there and let us know if we can help.
There's plenty of help here.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Leigh Family Farm

Quote from: Compensation on September 16, 2012, 11:50:13 AM
Thanks kilgrosh! That's what i am talking about! Never even seen those chairs before. They want 500 a pop for those. 100 is more then enough. Sweet!

Adirondack chairs, with the proper lumber and table saw, can take about 45 minutes to build if you have the wood all marked. They are super simple because the toughest cut is the bevels on the seat rails. Most people will buy two at once because of getting a matching set. Or even run a discount like buy two chairs for $400 and get a free side table.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Thank You Sponsors!