iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I can not believe

Started by drobertson, September 28, 2012, 07:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

I have a good friend that bought a used lt 70, has issues, and as much as I love everyone who post, and try to give some kind of support,  I am blown away that a grease gun issue is getting response.  Jim, sorry you have issues with a grease gun, but man, give me a break. This may be the straw that breaks the camels back for me.  Unless most folks on the saw mill site are all manual users, how could this issue go without some kind of response, other than customsawyers?
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Migal

No back breaking of Camels, add the link to the thread when posting would help with attention IMO and don't throw that FF hat away yet  :D
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

drobertson

All I needed, for a good friend, was some input on the up/down speed on the LT-70's  My 40 goes 1 1/8 per sec, his is around 5 sec.  Customsawyer mention some gas assist shocks, and this makes some sense, but the down feed is the same speed, very slow. you can count the rev's on the shaft by watching the key on the pulley, why?   Just trying to help a friend. My wife said to let it go, but this is killing me. I cannot accept this.
I just thought someone might have seen, or experienced this.  I Have to figure not.  It just blows me away with all the input that comes in on the forum.  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Migal

:) Well honestly mine is Hydraulic but my first thoughts are its a electric motor running slow do you know if the motor is dc or ac you mentioned three phase we use a lot of three phase  ac motor's at my job and if one phase is not there it will run but slow and sounds like its surging so my first thought's are check the voltage to the motor then check bearings of the motor, does it turn free by hand? then megger the windings of the motor google can explain this. :P
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Bibbyman

I saw the topic and had nothing to add and didn't figure anything to gain so I didn't pull it up. 

There is a lot of the Forum I seldom get around to.  I get a lot and contribute some out of the place I do visit.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Dan_Shade

I can not believe that you don't realize that most of us have used a grease gun, and thus could comment on it, but only a few have any knowledge of an LT-70.

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Migal

:D and the comment's did roll like dice at a crap shoot  ;D

bandmiller2

Dave,I understand what your saying.I operated a LT-70 three phase for a couple of years and would say a little prayer every time I turned the key.Many of us don't understand their operation well enough to give advice.For someone who knows WM are the folks to call first.Sometimes you need to change the wording and repost,many of us have a short attention span. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

WH_Conley

I could have jumped in but didn't figure it would do any good as I have never seen a 70 in person. I have used a few grease guns though.
Bill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: bandmiller2 on September 28, 2012, 08:06:40 PM
many of us have a short attention span. Frank C.

What are ya'll talking about?  say_what
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

You guys just blow me away, plus Jeff's forum, I was typing and got the warning on the previous post.  I know we all you grease guns, I ran preventive maint. for three years. but this issue is close to home, not forsaking the need for good maintenance, I am just desperate to help a friend,  wmz was to come today, not sure if they did. No answerer on the phone. so, My apologizies, just a friend that wants to help a friend.  I too have struggled with some cruddy grease guns, as I think most of us have. This issue is dealing with around 50 ths, bd/ft of logs and a mill that can handle the challenge. Just not like it is.  I am just reaching out.  Like the wife said, I worry too much,   I can't help it,  My nature,  you guys are Like brothers, even though I know none of you.     David

mikeb1079

hang in there david....i think the problem is that there's just not that many lt70 owners on here.  although there would sure like to be   ;D

someone will chime in yet...
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

pineywoods

Needed to think about it for a while..I'm not that familiar with a 70, but here's a thought. If the speed is slow both up and down, it's just about got to be either the motor or accuset if it's so equipped. 12 volt dc motor has 4 brushes. If just one of them is worn out, broke, or stuck, the motor would still run, but half speed. Accuset puts some electronics in the power leads to the motor. Put a test lamp or an old fashioned analog voltmeter across the terminals on the motor while it's running. (fancy digital voltmeter won't work) Anything less than 12 volts points to accuset.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Delawhere Jack

I laid hands on a Brand New LT70 once........ It was a spiritual moment....... Then, the clouds parted, and a BOLT of light came down and a thundering voice from above said:

"Get thy dirty hands off of that fine piece of engineering, for thou are not worthy!!!!"

I humbly toil towards the day when I may be found worthy to utilize the awesome milling power embodied in the Mighty LT70. Until that time, I ply my trade with a lesser mill, true in spirit, and doing my small part for the betterment of trees and mankind. smiley_sun

As a mere mortal, I cannot offer any advice on such an extraordinary implement. Perhaps your friend would find what he seeks most expediently by seeking the counsel of the creators of this wonder. They are headquartered in Indianapolis Indiana.

Humbly yours,

Jack.

Migal

Okrafarmer

Sorry I couldn't help, I'm new to WM products, and although I have seen Customsawyer's wonderful LT-70 in action, I know nothing specific to LT-70's, and also I have about the mechanical ability of a bowling ball.

I think I read it, but couldn't offer any help.  :-\

I've had a few times when I couldn't get answers to what I was asking on here, but I kept posting on the thread and keeping it fresh with updates until people who could help me took notice.

For problems like that one, though, I have WM's number saved in my phone, and I call (even on my 22-year-old mill) them to ask what could be up with a problem like that. If it's something that's keeping me from milling, and the solution isn't obvious to me, I'll call them and bug them every time.  ;)

Hang in there, we'll help you get it figured out.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

ladylake

Why not just call WM?    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Tree Feller

The head speed on my mill, which is the only one I've ever used, is dependent on how fast I turn the crank.   

I've pumped a lot of grease through a grease gun, though. On a drilling rig, if it moves, you grease it. If it is stationary, you paint it.  ;D
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

barbender

Chill out, man! As has been mentioned, not many of us have LT70s (I don't) If someone could have added anything that would have helped, they would (and did). This is a very specific setup-LT 70 ac powered, WM will get you pointed in the right direction, I see sparks added some tech info in response already.
Too many irons in the fire

drobertson

I have chilled, and apologized to Jim, just a day that got the best of me,  wmz showed up at his mill today and has him going, fast!  Sorry bout the spaze, I was needing to know if these ran like this or what,  They run fast up and down, and faster through the logs,  So, I wish I could drop this post, but like usual, for me a steady diet of size 10 dbl D,    david

Okrafarmer

You're forgiven. By me anyway.  ;D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

fat olde elf

Wow ! Say your prayers......
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

barbender

No problem. I'm glad WM got him up and running ;)
Too many irons in the fire

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: drobertson on September 29, 2012, 11:16:07 PM
I have chilled, and apologized to Jim, just a day that got the best of me,  wmz showed up at his mill today and has him going, fast!  Sorry bout the spaze, I was needing to know if these ran like this or what,  They run fast up and down, and faster through the logs,  So, I wish I could drop this post, but like usual, for me a steady diet of size 10 dbl D,    david

We all make mistakes David, and it want be your last one.  :)  As far as your 10 dbl D....Salt, pepper and a shake of garlic. Steam for 3 ½ hours. Aint't to bad. I've eaten several.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LarryRB

Do you happen to know what was wrong with the sawmill?

Thank You Sponsors!