iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

been eyeballing a tk 1200 add

Started by m wood, December 18, 2012, 08:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m wood

havent been able to get a response from advertizer yet, so no detailed info on THIS mill.  I found ONLY ONE youtube video of an older 1200 that was modified to a power feed.  dont care about that right now...but can that crank handle feed be by-passed to a simple push/manual feed?
thanks
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Meadows Miller

Gday

Should be easy enough if you want manual feed to take it of either just remove the rope or chain you could just unbolt the whole show Mate  ;) I take it  the one your looking at is S/Hand and has the crank feed on it   ???

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

LeeB

You can push it by hand easy enough. I would leave the handle on though. I used to have one and used it for about 6 years before upgrading to a bigger mill. They are good little mills and I cut a lot of wood with mine. I would use the crank to saw and pull back by hand for the next cut. The crank gives you a lot of speed control when going through knots and such. I also just pushed by hand about as often as I used the crank.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!