iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What did you get for Christmas?

Started by steamsawyer, December 25, 2012, 12:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steamsawyer

Grandma and I got to Skype with the kids and grandkids out in Kansas this morning.

About six months ago our son moved out to Hillsboro Kansas to pastor a small church. We are very proud of him, but it is pretty hard on Grandma around the hollidays.

They love it there. They got their first snow a week or so ago, the grandkids love it.  :snowman:  :snowfight1:

My Christmas wish and prayer is that all my Forestry Forum friends have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

:christmas:

:new_year:

Alan
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

Bill Gaiche

I got all a man could ask for. A warm house from the fire place. A lovable family and preparing Christmas diner for the most of them. Just wish daughter could be here to enjoy, but Nashville is a little ways away to make that trip. Hope that everyone was lucky and gracious to have all they wished for. Merry Christmas to everyone and hope the sawdust in your veins don't get clogged with to much food stuff. bg

Magicman

Our brood will be here for a mid afternoon meal.  PatD and I have been busy all morning and are looking forward to seeing them all.   :) 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sbishop

our family (wife, kids and me) got to have breakfast with friends of ours and their family....I brought over 3 different types of homemade breakfast sausages, back bacon and bacon...all homemade...the back bacon (brined in maple syrop) and bacon got sliced up this morning..fresh out of the smoker all night! it was a huge it.....one lady had brought over homemade donuts...well lets just say i did some damage on those!!!! i'm going to trade her bacon for donuts next time ;D

Heading tomorrow to see the family! Merry Christmas everyone!

Sbishop

JohnM

My wife proved she is the better half (honestly all she has to do is show up...).  She got me a book (that I mentioned weeks ago!), Handy to Home by Tom Hennessey.  He was the outdoors writer for the local paper for many, many, many years and he may be an even better artist (paintings/drawings) than he is a writer.  In high school I read his first book within four days of its release and ran right up to the paper and made him sign it! ;D  She done good!  I got some thinking to do, her birthday is mid Feb... ???

My brother, his wife and their 3 boys will be here tomorrow night from Long Island.  And if tradition holds he and I will skid out all my firewood for next year. :D

All that said, I'm not sure anyone made out better than this guy....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qxfTQjH8n4M#!

He would have been just as happy and appreciative with just the hat!

:christmas:

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

clww

I got a nice pen and ink drawing, framed with old barn wood, of the old log building that was the toll building on the Highland Turnpike. The building and the gate are still there on Route 250 between McDowell and Monterey. I got the wife some more Polish pottery to add to her collection. Yesterday, we were out shopping and picked up an old chicken coop watering container and I scored on a one-man, 3 1/2 foot crosscut saw.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Gloves, gloves, gloves, gloves, and a gift certificate to LOWE'S. I may use it for a pair of gloves.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

They had a huge sale on really good camouflage stuff at Dick's sporting goods, so we bought both kids some outdoor clothing to try and coax them into taking their Dad ice fishing now and then. For example, Stacy's coat was $200 during bow season. By the time we got it, it was down to $53.  :)

Here's Stacy today trying out her new duds.  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I may just check out Dick's Sporting Goods tomorrow since the Storm will be here all day.

$200.00 down to $53.00 ain't bad at all.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

semologger

i got very full.  :snowman:. Got another year of memorys of my kids faces opening up gifts.

swampbuggy

Being single at Christmas can have it's advantages. I bought a shop for my mill. Came with a bunch of junk and a lot of weeds to mow down. 2 acres. My Dad laughed at me. Merry Christmas Ya'll. Swamp

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

Jeff

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 25, 2012, 11:30:18 PM
I may just check out Dick's Sporting Goods tomorrow since the Storm will be here all day.

$200.00 down to $53.00 ain't bad at all.

The sale ended the 21st, but maybe they have a better one now. It was for any insulated camo.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

scgargoyle

We had a small get-together with my son and his girlfriend. Lots and lots of food- Have you ever found yourself craving a salad and a glass of water?

Favorite gift is a Stormy Kromer hat- red/black plaid, of course.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Autocar

Just her and I we get a notion to buy something thru the year we just go get it. So Christmas is pretty slow around here, but we did have supper with a logger friend and there two boys family which are loggers also. Great cooks and alot of sawdust storys.  :christmas: and a  :new_year:
Bill

Chuck White

This is posted elsewhere too.

Santa brought me a 2000# 12v winch.

Now I've gotta figure out how to mount it on the mill and route the cable.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bama20a

It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

Chris Burchfield

All my family together last night at my mother's for Christmas and supper.  Eldest son and his fiancee drove from Texas to Memphis and through part of the winter storm thats working up toward the East Coast.  About 3:p.m. they were just the other side of Little Rock said things were getting slick and folks were starting to have wrecks on the interstate.  Little Rock to Memphis or vice versa is just under a two hour trip.  By five we'd not heard from them and called.  No answer.  About six she called to say they were about five miles away.  Raised a couple of beads of sweat on me.  But they made it in and we had a fine meal and presents.  As I suspected, son said he didn't have time for the phone as both hands were on the steering wheel.  Began snowing just after midnight. About 1 1/2" on the ground not at 8:30.  I've started both vehicles to warm them and cleaned their windows.  Wife has to go to work today.  G-daughter Madison and I'll be sorting and playing with all the loot today.   :christmas:
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Kansas

My cusinart chopper/mixer whatever it is gave up over Thanksgiving. On Christmas eve, I looked at Casey and asked, do I have enough rewards points to get a Kitchen Aid? First the answer was no, and then we remembered we had the card cancelled, and a new one issued, after a break in at the business. She looked up the points on the old card. I had never redeemed any over a bunch of years. I had enough to get a Kitchen Aid, a video camera, and a flat screen TV. As near as I can tell from the description, the Kitchen Aide shouldn't be much harder than running the space shuttle was.

bama20a

chris : That part of I 40 your son& G/F was on can sure get iced up fast,Alot of swamp land to hold the moiture,I'm an over the road driver & Have been in or though all 48 states (more than once) :'( The worst trip I've ever had was on that highway,8 hours from Little rock to memphis,Black ice. I was hauling a Cat trackhole.
Couldn't get off the interstate,Because all the ramps are either up or down a grade.& almost everone of them had a car or truck on them that didn't make it.
Sure glad he used his head & made it out ok,Mark,,,,,,, :new_year:
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

sandhills

Mine was a little early, the PBR tour was in Kearney on the 15th and my wife is crazy about it so that's our Christmas present to each other every year.  This year there was a lot of the "big name" riders there and it was a great show, only bad thing was we picked the wrong hotel apparently because last year a lot of the riders were staying at the same one we did, this year we didn't see any of them.  Ben Jones (my personal favorite) was there and rode 3 out of 3 bulls and although he didn't win the event we got to see the chicken dance 3 times  ;D, we were really hoping he'd be staying at the Holiday Inn but never ran into him  :-\. 

Roxie

Ben Jones is Cowboy Bob's favorite rider too.   :)

Say when

Tom L

sandhills

Quote from: Roxie on December 26, 2012, 11:18:21 AM
Ben Jones is Cowboy Bob's favorite rider too.   :)
Roxie, isn't there some saying about brilliant minds thinking alike?  :D :D  I hope Ben can have a better year this year, he sure looked good that night just needed a little better bulls, I think he finished third overall.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Best part of course was that all the kids and grandkids were here with us on Christmas day. Had a great time with them.

I must admit that i did not mind the Jet drum sander, Very Nice Electric Smoker, Colwood wood burning kit, Rc Helicopter, or the half dozen wood working books i got either. They really shocked me this year.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

reride82

My future father-in-law and I went in on a powermatic 209 planer together, that was our present to each other.  :D I got a dovetail jig, Pex plumbing crimpers, a new tool belt, new set of cabinet scrapers w/ burnishing tool, and a .54 caliber black powder rifle! I got to see all of my nieces and nephews, and most of the family. My brother is currently stationed in Augusta, Ga and didn't have leave this year.  :( Proud to have him serving our country though.
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

Thank You Sponsors!