iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gearmatic junk

Started by coxy, February 21, 2013, 07:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

cant seem to get the break cyclinder on top of the winch to stop leaking fluid by the rubber every thing is brand new even cyclinder  i put two new rubbers in it will work 2 -3 days then winch wont freespool could it be that little washer that thay give my be to small? it worked fine for 16months now cant seem to fix it   JUNK

HiTech

On the brake cylinder the parts go in as follows:
1. spring
2. 'U' cup
3. piston
4. spring
5. piston
6. boot
7. gasket (Model 19 only)

Not sure why it is leaking unless one of these parts is bad or bore is scored. 

coxy

hitech is the parts for 119 the same ? i did find that the cylinders in some of the winches are longer and some shorter does any one know why?  thanks

xalexjx

make sure the fitting going through the hose isnt leaking, i just recently had that problem, did you hone out there cylinder before you put the new brake cup in?
Logging and Processed Firewood

HiTech

Coxy the parts are the same.

lumberjack48

Make sure the u-cup is the right detection.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

coxy

went to the parts store got 10 rubbers the rubbers i got are thicker and stiffer then the ones from gearmatic hope this fixes it its driveing me to DRINK  :D thanks for the info

jocco

Coxy i wanted to get back to you on this been very busy. Awhile back there was some parts for gearmatic that seemed to be junk (made in a forien country) Make sure you dont have some of these, the good parts should say PacCar corp on them. Next there is a metal bushing/washer they had trouble with in some kits it came off and turned over causing failure. Double check this. Last, look very closley that there is not some contamination in there like a hose going bad or other dirt in the system. (use a wHite rag) We went through this years ago it was a bad hose, very old, and took out cylinders as fast as we put them in. GEARMATICS ARE FUN smiley_devil_trident
You may check out but you will never leave

Thank You Sponsors!