iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I guess it's a start

Started by Kingcha, March 14, 2013, 05:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingcha

I got outback and cleared some of the snow

After a few measurements looks like I got just enough room to do about an 8' lean-to to the side of the pole barn

I have a few trees to clear out but not to many

Still a lot of snow out back

The weather forecast is not looking great but I am hoping many to get started withing the next few weeks on clearing trees.   
On another note I understand my electrical a little better now.  When you order the LT15 with 10hp electric it comes with the starter motor/switch already installed....just gotta run the wire.
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

thecfarm

I see the power entrance is right close by.  ;)   I have no idea about how the mill is set up or where you want it. I was able to put mine so I am facing the house. I can see when someone is coming down to help me saw.  ::)  :D Big difference in the snow,I have just about bare ground and the mud is real close now. I have no idea what you want under the mill to walk on. I brought in gravel to put my mill on. There is a member here that made a wood floor for his mill to rest on and easier to walk on to he says. He put a roof over the whole thing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Nice looking place you've got there kingcha!

Make that mill a nice little home!  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Kingcha

I was not sure the other day if I would build free standing or attached.   Now that I have gotten back there and looked it over, I know I can just attach it to the pole barn.   It will run parallel to the pole barn.  It will make my electrical run shorter and cheaper.   I would love to build a wood floor but I think at this point I will wait on that.  Just having a roof will be nice.  This being the back 40(25) I don't have a house back here yet, someday.   Yeah I will not be able to see Helpers  :D coming.   I plan to put my post about 7-1/2' from the barn with a 18' span between.  I hope this will give me enough room.   It will give me a 36" walk way between the track and the barn.

Ty Chuck I love my outback, complete with coverage picnic area, Kitchen area, fire pit & a wood-fired pizza oven I built last year
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

scully

After seeing the snow you have I don't feel so alone ,I have been chomping at the bit to get out and mill ,we had a couple milder days and I did some lumber up for a job but now it's misserable and windy as heck . Just give me a couple days of sun !Good luck with the new LT15 I bet they are nice in electric !
I bleed orange  .

justallan1

Nice looking place to escape to, Kingcha.

Kingcha

TY Justallen It has been my escape more a few years now.   December through March I don't see much of it....its a long winter

Thank You Sponsors!