iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Auto Clutch problems

Started by Steve_M, March 14, 2013, 10:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_M

When I disengage my blade the auto clutch stops before the motor reaches its lowest point leaving enough tension on the drive belt to keep turning the blade. 

When I then engage the auto clutch it will first complete the disengage-motor bottems out, drive belt completly loosens, blade stops--then it will completly engage and the blade seams to run at full speed .

Where do you think my problem is:
---drive belt tension
---break strap tension
---turnbuckle adjustment
---auto clutch sensor

Thanks for any input

Steve
2001 WM Super LT40 Electric and WM Twin Blade Edger, just a part timer custom sawing and cutting salvage logs.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Sounds like somethings out of sync, Steve. Not sure what. It may be the sensor but I'm not sure with the electric motor.

Steve, I had to replace both of the sensors on my auto clutch before. But now that I think about it, if something is wrong with a sensor.....the clutch won't work at all. It may be just the brake out of adjustment. Give WM a call in the morning.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Steve_M

I will be calling tomorrow. 
2001 WM Super LT40 Electric and WM Twin Blade Edger, just a part timer custom sawing and cutting salvage logs.

Brucer

It might be worth taking a close look at the sensors. If they get any metal filings stuck to them, they can trip too soon. If you see stuff sticking to them, brush or blow it off.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!