iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pitzer horse sale

Started by sandhills, April 26, 2013, 03:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

I know we have some horse folks on here and Pitzers sale is a pretty well known one, just thought I'd see is any members make it to the sale.  It's not far from me and my wife lives for those two weekends of the year, and stays at the lake.  I don't make it much for the sale but try to get over there in the evenings to stay with her and usually make it to the good ole Hungry Horse Saloon for supper  digin_2

Red Clay Hound

Where is that sale?  My mother was a Pitzer and most of her family were horse people.  She was born in Indiana.
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

sandhills

The sale is just NW of Ericson, Nebraska (small town of 1-200 people).  Howard Pitzer was the one who originally "put them on the map" with a stud named "Two Eyed Jack" both of which are gone now but his son in law and daughter still run the ranch and have production sales every April and August I believe, two eyed jack bloodlines are still pretty sought after.  I can get a lot more info about them if you'd like, who knows, you may be related.

hardtailjohn

I remember my Dad talking about that sale... I think he had a 2 eyed jack horse...or bought one...  At any rate, our oldest girl is at the National Clydesdale sale right now with a 51' trailer....so yah, we're looking at being broke again...(still).
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

sandhills

hardtailjohn, at least you only sent her with the 51 footer, surely can't fit more than a couple of those little ponies on there  :D.  I'd love to own a team of them someday but right now it's hard enough to feed farm and 4h horses  :-\.  I have a good friend that has a team of halflingers and I love watching him work with them, they picked my wife and I up after our wedding and took us to the reception hall, have to see if I can find a picture or two.  Where is the Clydesdale sale at?

Red Clay Hound

I've heard of Howard Pitzer.  I'm sure we are related somehow.  Not that many Pitzers around.  I'll have to do a little research. :P
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

hardtailjohn

Sandhills, it's in Howe, Indiana this year. Always used to be in Springfield, Illinois. Actually she's only looking at a pair of geldings for us.... seems my wife thinks the mares all need to be pregnant, so I need geldings to get anything done around here!! First baby got here last Sunday...I'll try to post some pics later.
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Thank You Sponsors!