iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

newly installed log turner

Started by harrymontana, May 11, 2013, 01:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harrymontana

have been some time of the air, this is because I have been for some extensive time at the mill installing an automated log turner (not using a winch). The logs in the video are all ipe (brazilian walnut) beauties:

http://youtu.be/nEwhFozLngw
everything on hardwood

Magicman

Yup, you did it, and apparently it works like a charm.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Happy for you Harry! that's what I am talking about,,,works nice,,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

francismilker

Pretty impressive seeing those blade mill operations.  Looks like a real work house.  Nice job on the turner.
"whatsoever thy hands finds to do; do it with thy might" Ecc. 9:10

WM LT-10supergo, MF-271 w/FEL, Honda 500 Foreman, Husq 550, Stihl 026, and lots of baling wire!

Left Coast Chris

Looks like the turner did the trick.  Very nice heavy head rig also.  Good looking operation.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

harrymontana

thank you, this was only a small investment, digging a hole and placing the bar with an engine, yotal cost around $2500 and now production up with aprox 15 - 20 with less personnel, so very good idea if you have a similar kind of operation.
everything on hardwood

Ron Wenrich

Its also an excellent example of a bar turner, and how they work.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!