iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Venison Salisbury Steak

Started by pappy19, June 26, 2013, 11:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

Time to start getting rid of all that deer/elk burger and here's a good one:

Venison Salisbury Steak

1 ½ lbs. of ground venison                                 2 eggs                                                   1 cup bread crumbs                                   3 tablespoons butter                                   1 tablespoon olive oil                                   1 large onion sliced in ¼ inch rings                                          1 green pepper sliced in ¼ inch rings                             ½ teaspoon salt                                               ½ teaspoon black pepper                                             ¼ teaspoon thyme                                   2 teaspoons flour                                                ¼ cup dry red wine                                   1 can beef broth                                                1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Combine meat, eggs and bread crumbs, then shape into 4 oblong patties. Heat butter and oil in skillet and brown both sides. Remove meat from skillet and cover. Add more oil if necessary to sauté onions and peppers. When close to being done, sprinkle salt, pepper and thyme. Mix well. Add flour to coat veggies. Slowly add broth, then red wine, stirring. Lower heat and add Worcestershire sauce, stir and then add meat patties back. Simmer covered for 20 minutes, spooning sauce over patties. Serve with mashed spuds.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

jdtuttle

This sounds good. Was going to smoke summer sausage from the deer burger left, but I think I'll keep a little out for this recipe.
Thanks for sharing,
jim
Have a great day

DanG

I'm not much of a recipe cook, but I may have to try this one.  I'll have to use ground round instead of venison, but that shouldn't make much difference with all those other flavors. 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sandhills

Thanks, I gotta try that sounds good.

pappy19

The last time I made this I added a couple cloves of smashed and chopped garlic when I was frying the onions/peppers made it a little better to me. Some folks don't like garlic but I do.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Thank You Sponsors!