iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Speedy Ham & Beans

Started by pappy19, July 15, 2013, 10:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

Tried this one this past weekend when some company dropped in unexpectedly; pretty yummy.

Speedy Ham and Beans
1 or 2 cans of Navy beans                                                        1 medium sweet onion, chopped                                                     1-4 potatoes cubed                                              1 canned ham, cubed

Start to finish, maybe 30 minutes at the most. Put about 2-3 inches of water to boil. Put chopped and cubed spuds and onions into boiling water, boil until spuds are done. Drain about ½ of remaining water. Add canned Navy beans and ham cubes, 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Bring back to a boil, then shut off and put a lid on the pot, wait 15 minutes until your cornbread is done or just chow down.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

drobertson

Happy you got them fed, but there is nothing speedy about ham and bean, mize well get some Hormel, sorry pappy,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Pappy that does sound good. And I would put some homemade CHOW CHOW on it.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

pappy19

Quote from: drobertson on July 15, 2013, 08:09:11 PM
Happy you got them fed, but there is nothing speedy about ham and bean, mize well get some Hormel, sorry pappy,

Sure it is, the beans and ham are already cooked, just need to cook the spuds and cubed they only take about 10-15 minutes. Anyway, it was fast chow and that's what I needed at the time.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

ancjr

I'm no chef, but I always start a pot with a saute.  30 minutes later, and starting with dry bagged, I can have lentils or black eyed peas that'd top anything you can find in a restaurant.   8)

pappy19

If I have a little time, nothing beats Burt's Bean recipe; everyone I feed that to doesn't want me to cook anything else. My old Idaho Trail Bean recipe that was my calling card is getting dust on it.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

drobertson

Pappy, I was in the mode last night, meant no offense to you. Lord knows I have thrown together stuff in a hurry more times than you can shake a stick at, just when I hear ham and beans, I think a day of smelling them cooking, then chowing down,  love you man, and appreciate all your posts and suggestions,  I have so much to learn, and it can only come from the ones who have already been there, thank you for contributions to us who still have an ear, ;D  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

pappy19

Not to worry Pard, just here to share and hope you enjoy. It's all fun to try a couple of new food ideas and I never get tired of looking at a recipe and saying to myself, hey that will work!! Of course my teenage gradsons will eat almost anything, so I know it won't get to be a leftover regardless of how good or bad it turns out. I appreciate your post David, thanks, you're a a good man.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Thank You Sponsors!