iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This helps a little......but it does help.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, July 18, 2013, 08:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

good time to hit the road for a Pig Roast
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

redprospector

I like the power box idea, but I don't think I want to run a fan with it right now.
Our high today was 46, I would assume the humidity was 100% since it was mist, and raining all day.
Believe it or not, I've got a little fire going in the wood stove right now.  8)

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

JohnM

I tried to change the subject to food (grits = food? ::) ;)) but 'Mr I Have a Point' here won't let go of this 'POWERBOX AND FAN!' idea!  Geesh, some people, no FF etiquette at all.  >:(

Oh btw anyone else notice the heat?! :o  Be nice to have some way to move the air around a bit should one find one's self without electricity.  What to do, what to do?? ???  Oh well, there are some really resourceful folks here, I'm sure someone will come up with an idea. :)

;) ;D :D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

bandmiller2

Cold grits in the summer heat.??? Most old yankee sawyers were farmers and milled in the off season when there was no field work.When its hot like this I don't mill,everything will just turn blue anyways.When the frost is on the pumpkin that's the time for loggy chunken. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: JohnM on July 19, 2013, 07:00:04 AM

Oh btw anyone else notice the heat?! :o  Be nice to have some way to move the air around a bit should one find one's self without electricity.  What to do, what to do?? ???  Oh well, there are some really resourceful folks here, I'm sure someone will come up with an idea. :)

;) ;D :D

Good one John M.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Ga Mtn Man

"It's a soda. A citrus soda to be precise. It's a lemon, lime, and orange trifecta of surprisingly good that delights and refreshes the taste buds."  ;D
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Corley5

How long will that inverter run the fan  ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Raider Bill

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on July 19, 2013, 09:09:03 AM
"It's a soda. A citrus soda to be precise. It's a lemon, lime, and orange trifecta of surprisingly good that delights and refreshes the taste buds."  ;D

Never heard of it before. Sounds good though will have to look around for some. Thx ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on July 19, 2013, 10:57:26 AM
Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on July 19, 2013, 09:09:03 AM

Never heard of it before. Sounds good though will have to look around for some. Thx ;D

Good explanation Ga Mtn Man!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Corley5 on July 19, 2013, 09:10:51 AM
How long will that inverter run the fan  ???

Good question Corley5....I timed it to day. The fan I was using in the pic is one of the fans a Fire Dept. would use to extract smoke from a structure. A good strong motor that pulls some power.
This fan has 3 settings. I could not run it on high because it would over load. But I did run it on medium for a little over 3 hours before it started beeping and shut itself down.
Now....even though it shut the fan down from lose of power, it still had power left for a Phone, Computer, etc.

JohnM

smiley_eek_dropjaw

Will wonders never cease?!  Your influence knows no bounds, Poston. :o ;D

(cracked me up to no end when I saw this :D)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WDH

David,

I did realize that you were in Law Enforcement  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on July 19, 2013, 09:20:36 PM
David,

I did realize that you were in Law Enforcement  :D.

I'm not but I do have that guys BELLY!  :D

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on July 19, 2013, 09:28:16 PM
I thought that I recognized you  :D.

You did.....but it was the fan that gave it away.  :D

Ga Mtn Man

WDH

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Oh!!!!!!!!!! Ya'll done struck a NERVE NOW!!!!

YA'LL CAN kiss my grits!!!!!  >:(

Po-Jo

shoot we are still under water here, as it stands today we have had 12" of rain so far for the month of July and 43" of rain so far this year, as much as i hate the heat i wish we could get some here to dry us out   :-\

loggah

I been helping my brother at the Sanborn mill the last couple days ,high humidity,and hot,but for some reason we had a decent breeze. ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

bandmiller2

Po-Jo,with all that rain you could have a river log drive in your back yard.What happens to woodchucks [ground hogs] with that amount of rain they must sleep in trees.?? Frank C.

bandmiller2

Don,I have had to cut when its really hot and humid as long as you have shade you forget about the heat and are no more miserable than sitting thinking about it.A big fan blowing on you is the cats pooper, keeps the dust off,skeeters and blackflies too. Frank C.

Thank You Sponsors!