iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bandsaw foam cutter

Started by shinnlinger, August 17, 2013, 09:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinnlinger

Been cutting insulation to fit in between the purlins on my timberframe with my table saw but decided to try the mill today and glad i did!  Fast as I could do 7 panels at a time.

Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

5quarter

excellent job! I have scores of things I use my mill for other than breaking down logs. handiest tool on the homestead.
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Chuck White

A few weeks ago my brother and I did the same thing, He had some 4-inch styrofoam panels he picked up cheap, left over from a building project at school.

We cut them to insulate the floor on the new "mud room" we added on to the front of our house, one at a time on the Wood-Mizer, good thing the floor joists were on 16" vs 24" centers.

The throat on the Wood-Mizers throat isn't deep enough to cut 24" stuff!

Really worked great!

NOTE: We put a 1x10 board on both sides of the styrofoam to support it in the clamp and log stops.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

Now that's using the hat rack 8)   these saws will cut all sorts of material,  I had a company need some thick plastic sheets cut down to a manageable size, whizzed right through it,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!