iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arboristsite Hacked

Started by sharkey, September 10, 2013, 06:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkey

Appears as though AS has continuing problems.  This am, 09-26-13, Im getting a link back server.  Basically, all traffic is being re-directed to an ad server.     

Warning:  Dont try to log in if you get the redirect server because they will capture your logon and password. 

SawTroll

Most problems from the first hacking seemed to be solved, but now it looks like the site has been hacked again... ::)
Information collector.

SawTroll

Quote from: ladylake on September 10, 2013, 07:30:44 AM

The chainsaw repair site won't come up either.    Steve

That one works now, I just was there.
Information collector.

beenthere

Quoteif you get the redirect server because

That "redirect" bug may be in your own computer too. Just sayin... it might.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

AdkStihl

Everybody seems to be having the same issue
J.Miller Photography

Jeff

Quote from: beenthere on September 26, 2013, 10:06:10 AM

Its not. I was redirected as well.   No matter what one might about the Arborist Site, I really feel for Darren. This has to be a nightmare for him and I hope he is able to get it resolved soon. I myself have had Daren take care of some things over there for us over the years and he has always been stand up for the Forestry Forum with me and I always want to do the best for them.   Odds are the original hackers left something on the server.  I don't know anything about it, and don't know if the server was hacked, or the forum software, but either case, there are a bazillion files where a backdoor could live.  Sometimes the only thing to do is start with a fresh box, a fresh installation of the forum software, and then load back in your database.   You guys know how aggravating it can be to get a bug on your computer, just imagine having one live on your webserver where you are trying to make a living.

Wishing the best for them here.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

AdkStihl

Quote from: Jeff on September 26, 2013, 03:04:40 PM
Quote from: beenthere on September 26, 2013, 10:06:10 AM

Its not. I was redirected as well.   No matter what one might about the Arborist Site, I really feel for Darren. This has to be a nightmare for him and I hope he is able to get it resolved soon. I myself have had Daren take care of some things over there for us over the years and he has always been stand up for the Forestry Forum with me and I always want to do the best for them.   Odds are the original hackers left something on the server.  I don't know anything about it, and don't know if the server was hacked, or the forum software, but either case, there are a bazillion files where a backdoor could live.  Sometimes the only thing to do is start with a fresh box, a fresh installation of the forum software, and then load back in your database.   You guys know how aggravating it can be to get a bug on your computer, just imagine having one live on your webserver where you are trying to make a living.

Wishing the best for them here.

+1
J.Miller Photography

Al_Smith

FWIW there is a forum based out of England that every time I visited I got a virus .I avoid it now .They say a word to the wise is sufficiant .

jd2007

It still appears that they're still having issues over at ArboristSite.  Why hack a arborist forum?  What's to gain by doing so?
Stihl 029S/039, MS280, MS250
Craftsman 4218

Icehouse

Seems what ever happened is still there, I too feel sorry for Darin and Company, nobody needs this. So I thought I'd come over and hang out with you guys awhile. Trying to find my way around, everyone have a great day. popcorn_smiley
Favorite Stihl ms361 ms064 Favorite Husky 242xp 262xp

ChopperDan

Turning off Java will stop the redirect.

Dan
550xpg
562xp
Makita 6421 converted to 7900 X2
Hd SuperSpitter

Joe Kidd

Quote from: Icehouse on September 28, 2013, 04:10:15 PM
Seems what ever happened is still there, I too feel sorry for Darin and Company, nobody needs this. So I thought I'd come over and hang out with you guys awhile. Trying to find my way around, everyone have a great day. popcorn_smiley

Yep it sucks. I had to come over here and check out you guys.
Husq 545
Husq 562XP
Jred 2188

Joe Kidd

Quote from: ChopperDan on September 28, 2013, 06:42:33 PM
Turning off Java will stop the redirect.

Dan
I added "noscript" to my firefox. I can now view AS but can't log-on.
Husq 545
Husq 562XP
Jred 2188

thecfarm

Joe Kidd,welcome to the forum. What's your interest with wood?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Joe Kidd

I used to cut to sell, but now only dabble. Love quality 2T stuff.
Husq 545
Husq 562XP
Jred 2188

Digging Fool

I would imagine there are a bunch of disgruntled cry-babies due to this problem.  :D

Icehouse

How would you describe a disgruntled cry baby. Maybe it's a guy who likes to talk about chain saws, buying trading and fixing. Or maybe it's a guy who likes to talk about methods of gathering firewood, storing and burning equipment. Or maybe it's a guy who wants to talk about the safest way to remove a danger tree from someone's home. Or maybe it's a guy who just wants to  tells his friends, who he has never meet, what his weather is like or what he is having for supper. If that is what a disgruntled cry baby is then I would think we have another group of people to laugh at right here in this forum. What has happened at the Arboristsite could probably happen anywhere, even to personal computers, it's not very funny. Sad state of affairs. Enough of my rant, everyone at Forestry Forum have a great day.

AdkStihl

Quote from: Icehouse on September 29, 2013, 08:47:27 AM
How would you describe a disgruntled cry baby. Maybe it's a guy who likes to talk about chain saws, buying trading and fixing. Or maybe it's a guy who likes to talk about methods of gathering firewood, storing and burning equipment. Or maybe it's a guy who wants to talk about the safest way to remove a danger tree from someone's home. Or maybe it's a guy who just wants to  tells his friends, who he has never meet, what his weather is like or what he is having for supper. If that is what a disgruntled cry baby is then I would think we have another group of people to laugh at right here in this forum. What has happened at the Arboristsite could probably happen anywhere, even to personal computers, it's not very funny. Sad state of affairs. Enough of my rant, everyone at Forestry Forum have a great day.

Perfectly said!
J.Miller Photography

mikey517

Quote from: AdkStihl on September 29, 2013, 09:13:03 AM
Quote from: Icehouse on September 29, 2013, 08:47:27 AM

Perfectly said!

+1

I like it over there.....and I like it here.....and at hearth.com. I don't post a lot, but I've learned an awful lot from everyone at each forum on how to cut, season, and burn firewood for heat.

It just ain't right!

John Mc

I followed AS for a while.  There are some very knowledgeable people on the site, but the "atmosphere" just wasn't for me.  Even though I don't visit the site much anymore, it does fit the needs of a lot of folks, and I wouldn't wish the kind of hassles they are going through on anyone.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Icehouse

You are absolutely right about the "atmosphere" on AS, some times you have to have a thick skin to "survive" over there. But as you said there is a lot of knowledge there. I am not happy with what happened to AS, but it made me look at other sites, and I'm glad I found this one by doing a google search. I like this already, think I'll be here a lot. Don't know but is it permissible to use the abbreviation of FF for the Forestry Forum. Please don't hesitate to let me know if its alright, I don't want to come in here and try to change anything. Everyone have a great Sunday, may your favorite football team win.

WmFritz

Icehouse, Welcome to the FF.  8)

The easiest way to get in trouble around here is posting pictures of GRITS!  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Icehouse

Thanks for the welcome, but I'm sorry I don't know what a GRITS is, but I don't due pictures very well so I'm probably alright.

Joe Kidd

Quote from: Icehouse on September 29, 2013, 03:03:10 PM
Thanks for the welcome, but I'm sorry I don't know what a GRITS is, but I don't due pictures very well so I'm probably alright.

Grits are small broken grains of corn. They were first produced by Native Americans centuries ago. They made both "corn" grits and "hominy" grits.
..or GRITS; Girls Raised in the South..  I like both!
Husq 545
Husq 562XP
Jred 2188

WmFritz

Quote from: Joe Kidd on September 29, 2013, 04:44:10 PM
They made both "corn" grits and "hominy" grits.
..or GRITS; Girls Raised in the South..  I like both!

Ha... Good one Joe.  :D :D
After seeing that- I guess I'm talking about grits.  ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Thank You Sponsors!