iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Chainsaw

Started by Qweaver, October 04, 2013, 10:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

My nephew ran over my Husky 455 with the tractor.  So I had to buy another saw.  Got a Stihl 311.  I hope it is enough saw...at least as good as the Husqvarna. ?
Woops, I should have put this under "Chainsaws".  How do I move it?
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

tolman_paul

Based on the specs it should work well for you.  Stihl makes great saws (and I say that as a husky guy)

That said, I don't think Stihl makes tractor proof saws  :D so advise your nephew to watch where he's going.

thecfarm

Some would say better. I lean towards dealer support. But saying that the Husky dealer I brought mine from got brought and closed and I don't like the dealer at all now. They know 4 wheelers and snowmobiles. I don't own either.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SawTroll

It does of course have more power than the 455, but otherwise it is not a good choise - imo!

The 455 is heavy for its power, but the MS311 takes that to the extreme....

That aside, it will of course do the job that the 455 used to do.
Information collector.

SawTroll

Quote from: tolman_paul on October 04, 2013, 12:31:23 PM
Based on the specs it should work well for you.  Stihl makes great saws (and I say that as a husky guy)

They do, but the MS311 just isn't one of those saws....
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!