iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Drew's playhouse

Started by Tom, February 03, 2002, 07:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I saw for a young fellow who is a tree surgeon for the electric company in the next county.  Drew has been bringing home logs and I have been sawing them for the past 4 years or so.  

The first major thing he built was a 3 story 30ft* tall playhouse for his kids.  It uses 4 large power poles for a frame and heavy SYP in the 8-12 inch range to tie them together.  His wife like it so much that she was just before taking it from the kids for her own use, so, Drew built a single story playhouse for him and his wife.

It is a cute, bungalow looking affair with a large front porch and an end porch with a hot tub.  They have decorated with wagon wheels at the front door and old tools, guns, etc hung on the walls inside and out.

Inside, it is all rough unfinished pine and filled with excercise equipment, recreation equipment, games, etc.  The little room to the right is a Sauna totally lined with Red Cedar and double deck benches made from the same.

in the other half of the room they have a TV, Stereo and the rest of the excercise equipment.  The room on the left is a small office/computer room containing a floor to ceiling, cherry bookcase and a desk made from some Pecan crotch wood that I cut for him Last year.

He's as happy as a hog in slop and couldn't wait to show me his latest handiwork.

The porch makes a great place to eat lunch.  The young fellow on the left is Drew.  The young fellow on the right is me. :D

Papa Dave

Wow, reminds me of home. Where are the cheese grits and Mullet!!!!

Let's see Tom, I understand that there is a young fellow on the left, but I was having a little trouble with my eyes at telling how young the fellow the right was. :D :D :D

CHARLIE

Papa Dave, I thought the guy on the right was Santa Claus on a well deserved after Christmas vacation. :D :D

Hey Tom, Drew's roof doesn't meet code! That roof doesn't have enough pitch on it to support the snowload!  ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bud Man

Shame their's no bedroom--Bet you could fall asleep fast with rain hitting that tin roof .    What's that over Drews right shoulder hanging on the hangers?   Looks like some Small butchered and halved hogs wearing bathing suits hung up to dry. Call me when the bacon's done!!
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Thank You Sponsors!