iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mill shed and other bad habits.

Started by Buddyw, November 19, 2013, 08:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddyw

My metal was delivered last week , and I had some help this past week end , so I had to take full advantage of it.

We got the roof over the Frick 01 this week end..
I noticed my wife had mixed  in some pictures of some of my antique construction equipment (another bad habit I have ) while I was downloading  .
So , I added some in case someone here is interested !

beenthere

That is pretty neat, and for sure like those pics of the collection.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dad2FourWI

Nice building!!! - wow, is that sky blue! Great day for building!!!

... and doesn't that machine look like the one from the book "Are you my mother?" !!!! LOL!

-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

thecfarm

I would not call that collection a bad habit,maybe a good habit.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Cedar Savage

Thats some nice old school equipment.  Do you operate the drag lines? thats quite a skill. I used to work for a old time drag line operator,  I did maintaince on them. When he ran one, it was like art in motion, smooth, long drags, & swings, with no jerking. I usta love just watching him work them, digging ponds.
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

hardtailjohn

I want to come to your house and play!!!!!  That shovel/crane/dragline collection is heaven!  Nice shed too!
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

customsawyer

Thanks for sharing. Like the shed and love the old equipment.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Buddyw

Thanks guy's for the compliments .
hardtailjohn, I wish you would come out and play. Those machines need a good work out. I still operate them but, not as much as I use to. Everybody that I use to play with , and was interested in the old equipment has passed on now. :'(

Cedar Savage, Yes ! I can operate all of these machines. I have a few more that stay at the field day grounds where we play once a year. I will start another topic with some pictures if yall are interested.. 

beenthere

Buddyw
Very interested in seeing more of those machines.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

yukon cornelius

wow! what a collection. not a bad habit at all!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

dblair

what a collection and welcome . how do you keep grass on that lot with all those crawlers . I have three small cletracs and they tear the grass right of any where they go , even if they're not turning .

old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

Buddyw

Thanks for the replies !         dblair, The tearing up of grass happens here too but , I go behind the machines with my blade pulling it backwards and that levels things back pretty good. The cranes don't mess up as bad as the dozers and loaders because the tracks don't have gousers.
I like your Cletrack. My first dozer was a Cletrack. I cant remember the size number but it had a 6 cylinder Oliver diesel. I remember I replaced the old fuel pump packing (that was not available no longer) with the pump packing out of a old coleman cook stove LOL ... I love bringing those old machines back to life after they been sitting for years.
I would like to come down one day and look at your mill and your machines. I think I am roughly a hour or a hour and a half from you.

I have seen your mill on you tube several times. Nice show...
I been wanting to post more picture of my old machines but I am not sure where , I don't want to tick off the boss here , its not milling stuff.. LOL...

Dave Shepard

The General Board would be a fine place for that. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

mad murdock

Nice mill shed and very nice collection of old iron!! Well done.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!