iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deception

Started by Jeff, December 18, 2013, 01:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh Family Farm

To me this situation is very underhanded, though it might not be illegal but as Jeff said, violates the Forum rules. I see they were banned so thats were I would start. Next I would work with the corporate office explaining that the Forestry Forum is an independent forum that several major companies (Woodmizer, Baker, Timberking, Logrite, etc.) direct customers to for finding fair and honest reviews. By having an employee, whether they knew it or not, conduct this scheme, does not go inline with the purpose of the forum and that the forum does not associate with companies that do.

Jeff, as always, you run a tight clean ship and everyone benefits from it. Whatever you decide to do, its still your ship, and I'm still gonna ask for permission to come aboard. (I like sailing so boating refernces are easiest for me!)
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Cut4fun

I'd show both names the door and block all IP addys, emails etc too.

wesdor

I do recall that thread and thought it odd that the poster did not reply to where he was located so others could give him better advice.  Magic Man - great observation on his username.  And Jeff, thank you for going the extra mile to be certain everything is above board here.  I recall when I joined, there was some comment about if you are here to sell things we should not try to do so - this was a site about information and sharing experience.  That impressed me at the time, but rings true even more now.

Perhaps it is good to keep this and the other thread as a reminder of how some people would abuse the trust of others.

Thanks everyone for making this one of the best places on the internet!

BradMarks

Deception will bite you in the hiney.  Honesty and integrity is what this forum is about.  I too have a supply company and have never mentioned the name or directed anybody to the web site.  I have shared my experience of a few products on some of the threads but never for financial gain, just insight.  I am not a sponsor and it would not be ethical to "pound my chest". 

Philbert

Quote from: kilgrosh on December 20, 2013, 02:06:04 PMNext I would work with the corporate office explaining that the Forestry Forum is an independent forum that . . . direct customers to for finding fair and honest reviews.

They don't care. All they care about is sales $$$. They care as much about Jeff's forum rules as an average telemarketer cares about a 'do-not-call' list.

If they smell potential customers here they will be back in some form.

Philbert

Jeff

I've given them a reasonable amount of time to contact me back. I sent this topic to the email of record they used here as well as wrote a note to the president and founder whose facebook page I found. He probably never checks it, as it looks like it was created only for marketing. His friends list are just other people associated with different faces of the company.

So, so you all know for future reference, this is the company. I'm not making any recommendations on how you mike interact with them if you ever happen to come upon one of thier websites or products for sale.

Power Equipment Direct   They have many web fronts depending on what type of equipment you are looking for such as chainsawsdirect.com, chippersdirect.com, tillersdirect.com and on and on.  I know what I will do if I am ever in need of a product that I can not get from one of our sponsors and come upon them in the future.  See ya!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

RynSmith

Bill Gaiche

Thanks Jeff for the update, I too will stay clear of said companies. bg

SwampDonkey

I wonder if chimney direct is an affiliate? It's in NY state. I have dealt with them and even called to talk to a voice, which I believe was the owner. I bought brushes and rods for flu cleaning and they were top quality items, not from China. The rods were from England and the brushes USA. Same gear any chimney sweep around here would have. I had my stuff in less than 10 days by US mail.

I have no idea what transpired here, or even if they are related (web domain registry).

I do for a fact know that the exact same webpage (chimneydirect.com) comes up under a different domain name. But lots of times domains change and you are redirected as well.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Their related websites are listed on their main site.  I will not be giving you a link. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Al_Smith

Well you got it fereted out .In a way though I kind of wish it was the guy pedaling fake Husqvarnas .I had about as much fun with him as I do with the great oil debate . 8)

SwampDonkey

Well that part don't matter about the link, was just wondering. I get the hint though. ;D

Anyway I got my stuff and cleaned 3 flues.  :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Al, are you still fighting them fellows over Amzoil? ;D

I just use good Stihl or Husqvarna oil. Must be good, same saw since 2007 and cut hundreds of acres with it, 74 acres this year.

beenthere

Would be interesting how many of our FF readers ferret out this company in other sites they visit, where likely the very same thing is happening and the owners/mods don't know it.... yet!
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

goose63

Thank's  boss darn sure gona keep my eye open for them guy's  :snowball: 
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

shootingarts

Take it to the bank that the people trying to get over on websites are also people you would have grief with as a customer. I might think it was fun to bury them in price checks and inquiries but messing with people like this is like trying to pick up a "log" by the clean end, just ain't possible!

Hu

Al_Smith

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 20, 2013, 05:19:18 PM
Al, are you still fighting them fellows over Amzoil? ;D

I just use good Stihl or Husqvarna oil. Must be good, same saw since 2007 and cut hundreds of acres with it, 74 acres this year.
'taint a fight Swampish .Good natured debate . .It's my self appointed job and I take it seriously .

Tell now old great brusher of the frozen tundra how exactly did you cut 74 acres of brush using just oil . ???

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Al_Smith on December 20, 2013, 05:57:05 PM

Tell now old great brusher of the frozen tundra how exactly did you cut 74 acres of brush using just oil . ???

By mixing it in the gas jug and filling the saw tank for starters. :D

I got one for ya. How do you get 27 litres in a 20 litre gas jug? I couldn't figure it out neither. So I never went back to that filling station again. :D

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Al_Smith

Condensed gas maybe? I would assume a litre is the same as our liter being 1.056 quarts .

Geeze it was a pint's a pound the world round then some metric guy threw a wrench in the works .

How in the world will they ever figure out 100 to 1 oil ratio with litres .This could be bad .

Paul_H

100ml oil to 10 litre fuel but you gnu that ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Onthesauk

Look at it on  yelp.  Little good to say about it.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

SawyerBrown

Oh, man, this company had to be based in Illinois ....  As if we weren't already the biggest deadbeat state in the union, with 2 former governors in prison, ongoing Chicago politics, etc etc etc.

We do have GOOD people in Illinois, too ... 
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Sonofman

Thanks, Jeff for catching this. It is unlikely that I would have done business with them, but this practice strikes at the very heart of the forum, Trust. I lurked for years and finally joined when I bought an OWB. I consider that trust as one of the hallmarks of this forum, and the main thing that keeps me comming back. I do not have all the super firewood equipment or logging experience that some here have, but I know I can turn here for honest, honestly given advice on almost any subject.

Once again, Thank You Jeff, for your work in keeping this forum just what makes it great.
Located due west of Due West.

beenthere

Quote from: Onthesauk on December 20, 2013, 08:16:56 PM
Look at it on  yelp.  Little good to say about it.

What is 'yelp' ??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!