iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deception

Started by Jeff, December 18, 2013, 01:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

It is like a forum where they rate businesses, restaurants and so on. Check it out. Really handy when traveling to see where you want to stop to eat and so on. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on December 20, 2013, 09:19:24 PM
It is like a forum where they rate businesses, restaurants and so on. Check it out. Really handy when traveling to see where you want to stop to eat and so on. ;D

Yelp, you are right.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Yelp?

I thought that was what a dog did when it got tangled in an electric fence. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Warbird

There is a word for what they did:  'fraud'.

Fry them (pun intended).

5quarter

This kind of deception is widespread. One of the rare times I sat down to watch tv, an ad came on for web.com. They offer to build you a free facebook page and then populate it with glowing but completely made up comments about your Company in an effort to deceive the general public. and people wonder why nobody trusts anyone anymore.
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

old joe

I don't post often, and tend to mind my own business but thanks Jeff. your behavior is why this is the ONLY site I.m on

Joe
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Bury the hatchet and invite them to the Pig Roast.  :)

Magicman

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 21, 2013, 09:33:11 AMBury the hatchet and invite them to the Pig Roast.  :)

Sweet Dreams David

You can bury yours, but I ain't burying mine.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

That's a good idear. :)  Maybe right up there with donating the poston contact information to tellamarketersareus 8)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warbird

LOL  That's just mean.  But DanG funny.

Holmes

POSTONLT40HDdirect :) You see we saw  8)
Think like a farmer.

Left Coast Chris

Glad this was detected and dealt with.  Great work Jeff.  To bad there is not some justice that could follow.   Like prosecution for fraud or maybe banned from the internet somehow.   At least banned from their current provider or something.  In Calif we have a Department of Consumer Affairs.  Businesses get their licenses there.  We can file a complaint against their business license and action is taken by Consumer Affairs.  It gets some attention.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Ken

As has been mentioned by many, one of the reasons we love this site is the professionalism and integrity that is shown by the administrators.  Keep up the good work. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 21, 2013, 10:11:21 AM
That's a good idear. :)  Maybe right up there with donating the poston contact information to tellamarketersareus 8)

And after I wax your T-BIRD and clean out the Coy pond, and re-work your food plots......what else do you need
done Boss?  smiley_chop

Randy88

I'm not overly computer literate by any means, most of what was discussed here went over my head other than fact it was a little dirty under handed on how it was done, I don't really know what spammers are let alone much of the rest either, but the question I have is this, is there a list of those doing underhanded things or the spammers that try to post on here, that is kept up to date for some of us less computer literate to see and browse their business and names of, I got this name, but how about others?    Maybe its not even an ethical question to ask, if this is somehow a wrong way of looking at it, please advise me and explain why, maybe there is a list here somewhere of all the spammers that have been banned, but I don't know where it would be located to view the list of names?

JohnG28

Maybe inviting them to the pig roast with a big old name tag on would be a good idea. I doubt they'd make it to dinner.  :D :D
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Claybraker

Good catch boss. I absolutely despise Astro Turfing, although it's  a far too common practice. When I used to work for a large regional telecom organization, every campaign season I'd have to put in temporary data lines for some of the campaign headquarters. They'd all be staffed with a dozen or so eager interns, waiting for the link to be up, so they could start polluting cyberspace.

Speaking of Astro Turf, somebody up thread mentioned a site that rates eating establishments. For a fee, there are outfits that will arrange very favorable reviews. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

shootingarts

Quote from: Randy88 on December 21, 2013, 08:05:34 PM
I'm not overly computer literate by any means, most of what was discussed here went over my head other than fact it was a little dirty under handed on how it was done, I don't really know what spammers are let alone much of the rest either, but the question I have is this, is there a list of those doing underhanded things or the spammers that try to post on here, that is kept up to date for some of us less computer literate to see and browse their business and names of, I got this name, but how about others?    Maybe its not even an ethical question to ask, if this is somehow a wrong way of looking at it, please advise me and explain why, maybe there is a list here somewhere of all the spammers that have been banned, but I don't know where it would be located to view the list of names?

I'm not positive but it would probably open this site to legal action if they posted a blacklist of people not to patronize. Ridiculous in my viewpoint but the stupidity of tort law is beyond belief.

No help from the providers supplying their hosting either in my experience. I had dead bang proof of criminal acts by the owners of two separate internet forums, neither provider cared in the least. I went to plan "B", drove one site so far underground that they ceased to exist for all practical purposes, I suspect did dry up and blow away, and forced the other site to do far more censoring than I ever did which was the objection to my site by nonusers that had stumbled across it in a search or something. That site died too. The owner had a choice between that site and his day business since he was licensed by the federal government and they frown on felonies by people with some licenses. If someone on the net gets too annoying there are usually ways to make life miserable for them but it isn't worth the bother unless they launch major attacks.

Hu

John R

Quote from: goose63 on December 18, 2013, 02:38:47 PM
I am pretty new to the FF I don't think it's fair at all I would like to know the name of this company so I don't buy form them :snowball:

Tell us what company this is.
Hay, goose63, are you really 963 years old?  :D :D
John

Sthil MS 361 20" Bar
Sthil MS 260 PRO 16" Bar
Oregon 511 AX Chain Grinder

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

goose63

Quote from: John R on December 30, 2013, 12:21:32 PM
Quote from: goose63 on December 18, 2013, 02:38:47 PM
I am pretty new to the FF I don't think it's fair at all I would like to know the name of this company so I don't buy form them :snowball:

Tell us what company this is.
Hay, goose63, are you really 963 years old?  :D :D some times i feel like it but am 63 dont know the 9 got there or how to change it say_what
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

ely

thanks jeff, i just seen this thread and i too value the opinions obtained from the family... good work.

woodenboater

late to the party but I'm glad you caught this Jeff. This is outright lying and ban worthy in my books. Could be the work of one employee who took the initiative or could be higher up. We may never know. Regardless, I think most members here will avoid doing business with this company BECAUSE someone connected with them was deceitful. Happens in many places (I never trust online restaurant reviews for example).

LAZERDAN

Thanks Jeff

I let this fall throught the cracks .  Jeff i'm glad you posted the Name of the company, I've been on thier site before, Neither bad or good, just looking.

Sawer Brown :  I was going to make a comment on where they were from, but I see you beat me to it, maybe it time to move north!    Lazerdan   

JJ

Not enough likes on facebook?
Don't have enough twitter followers?
Why not just buy them:
http://www.pressherald.com/news/Global_market_grows_for_fake_clicks_.html

Our State Department even spent $630K buying fake facebook fans  ::)

Thank You Sponsors!