iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

some turned Christmas gifts...

Started by purple otter, December 21, 2013, 09:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purple otter

A year or so ago somebody gave me a lathe that they had in their basement. It has been quite usefull for making everything from chisel handles to vise screws. Here are a few of the things I have turned for Christmas gifts.

the  2 snowmen and 2 trees are for the woman who gave me the lathe.
      Merry Christmas to all of you and a Blessed New Year!
Hudson Oscar 228 on homebuilt trailer, Kubota B2320 with homebuilt forks,Stihl 028 Super & 029 Super, Solar Kiln .

Seaman

That is cool! We have just started playing with turning ourselves.
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

thecfarm

My wife would like them!!! Your own ideas??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jueston

ive been turning wooden Christmas ornaments for most of my family. they really like them. those trees and snowmen are pretty cool though.

Warbird

clww

Those are some great looking turning creations you shared with us. :)
:christmas:
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Lud

Nicely turned trees and the snowman/snow woman are great.

What wood?  How far did you sand them?  What finish?

Good job.
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Busy Beaver Lumber

Purple Otter

Those snowmen and trees are very well done. Showed them to Mrs. Beaver and she loved them as well. She does a tremendous amount of turning and surely appreciates it when she sees something of beauty like what you created there.

I think it was very commendable of you to give something back to the woman that showed kindness in giving you the lathe. Wish there was more of that type of behavior in this world.

Bless you and hope you have a happy holidays
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

purple otter

The snowmen and base are sweet birch ,because it's nice and white. The trees are whatever I have collected it my firewood pile. Some black locust,black walnut, Cherry ,and spalted apple. They are sanded to 180 ,no finish.
      Mr. Beaver , I have seen many of the beautiful turnings from Mrs. Beaver .I can tell she loves to turn. It can really fun ,and I have introduced a few others to turning as well !
Hudson Oscar 228 on homebuilt trailer, Kubota B2320 with homebuilt forks,Stihl 028 Super & 029 Super, Solar Kiln .

ron barnes

Love the snowpeople and trees.  You have done a great job on them.  Great work.

Thank You Sponsors!