iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not happy to report this

Started by Happycamper, January 21, 2014, 09:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Post some pics Jim when you start sawing them. 
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Enjoy your day of sawing Jim.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

You Go Jim.  You are my Hero.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

OlJarhead

Very sad news!  I'm so sorry to hear this happycamper!
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

OlJarhead

Quote from: Happycamper on January 23, 2014, 11:36:23 AM
You are still at it fellows. Continuing to keep and raise my spirits up. I have never in my life experienced the love and caring that is, and continues to inspire me. It in itself is helping me to "saw"  on. I went to the cancer clinic last week Thursday to ask again if they would do a biopsy to find out the type of cancer I have. They made an appointment for February 24th with the chemo dr. so yesterday I went to the cancer clinic again (two hours from my home) and saw a wonderful surgeon I know and asked him about getting the biopsy done. Earlier I was to weak to be put to sleep to do the biopsy. So Andrew my surgeon said with a smile leave it with me. The reason I was too weak was for three weeks I did not eat or drink "anything" I just could not do it. Now I am eating like a "horse" and enjoying food.  Now I am sawing a little and have a friend that would like some 2 X 6 fir cut so I really have something to look forward to do however slow it goes. I also have in the planing stages to fly form BC to Ontario in May and stay two weeks at a resort I sold in 1972. The owners are all excited about my plans and always look forward to my visit. They provide lodge, cottage, boat,motor and all food and never have accepted one dime from me. Come anytime, I can stay as long as I wish open door to me.
Have I not a good life? I don't know if in 3 1/2 months I'll have the energy to fly, rent a car and drive to the resort but you can bet your boots I'm gonna try. Keeping it in the light side as I have said to many friends wow, my pants fit better now (not so tight) and I won't have to ever look at getting false teeth wit a little luck.
  Again and I will say it again thank you all for the incredible inspiration you continue to bestow on me.
                                         Jim

Wow!  Great to hear!  After reading your first post I was down hearted but now you've inspired me!  Keep on sawing!!!!!
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

slider

I'm glad you are still plugging away at it Jim.A while back when I found out about your situation it bummed me out.I have lost friends and family so it"s not easy when someone is going through this.I called my friend Customsawyer to see if he had heard .His reply was "that"s one tough old bird" don"t underestimate him.That gave me hope .I  hope It will for you as well.  al
al glenn

Happycamper

Got the little mill set up so I can just barely saw a 12 footer.
It will be a while yet as the logs will have to be pulled out of the pile, cut to length and put on the loading platform at the mill, we still have about 1 1/2 feet of snow to deal with. Went to town to see my Dr. about some issues that I am having and he sent me to the hospital to get some test done. They kept me overnight and I drove home last night.

You fellows offer a lot of encouragement and I sincerely appreciate your encouraging messages and say Thank You.
                                       Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

jueston

hang in there, the whole forum is pulling for you.  :)

diesel pap

samandothers

Jim
You are an inspiration!  Praying for you and that the comfort of Christ's saving grace be with you!  I look forward to hearing about the sawing of the 2x's for your friend.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Happycamper, as a fellow LT-10 owner, I have always enjoyed your posts and the mods you made. I will definitely keep you in our prayers. Your positive spirit and willingness to fight for another day is truly and inspiration to us all. Personally I hope you live to 100+. The world needs more people like you.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

red oaks lumber

sir
i salute your grit and determination! you have set the bar for humility so high, and for that i say..thankyou :) god will guide you
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

DanG

Well Jim, I have procrastinated about responding to this thread, but I have watched every word with interest.  I have always fantasized that I would face my own exit with the kind of grace, courage and dignity that you have.  The only advice I can offer is that you should squeeze out every drop of life from whatever is left, but you seem to already be doing that.  Just keep cutting what you can, even if it is one board a day.  If you get to where you can't push the mill, sit in a chair and tell someone else how to do it...just stay involved as long as you can.  I'm pulling for you and I think you're gonna make your Doctors look like a buncha monkeys.  ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Holmes

Jim I have always liked the way you take on a problem and get it resolved, usually by your own cleverness. 8)  Thank you for showing use your ingenuity.  My Best Regards  Dana.
Think like a farmer.

Happycamper

Thank You all every one. The encouragement you all offer is wonderful therapy for me and I appreciate it so very much. I am much weaker now but I just hope it is due to the mix up of my understanding of taking the pills prescribed for me. I'll start on the right track this morning.

DanG,
  A long time ago I installed a $9.95 hand winch at the far end of the mill, just like the one that I raise and lower the head with, with a small 1" pulley installed
on the head, down low. A 3/16" nylon cord from the winch to the pulley and back towards the winch where it is anchored. I am able to watch the whole operation from the winch and adjust my head speed according to what I am cutting. When I approach a knot I slow down the winding of the winch and do not have a rise or lowering of the band in the cut. The winch can be operated easily with two fingers, a five year old could saw easily, as no effort is required for this mill other than canting the log to the bed and of course turning the log on the bed.
                                     Jim

drobertson

Jim, keep on keeping on, your statement at the bottom of your profile says it best!    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

DanG

Jim, a very small electric winch mounted beside your mill would load and turn any log or cant that little mill will handle.  You can get a boat trailer winch from Walmart for $75.  If it does turn out that the meds were causing your weakness, you might have quite a bit of sawing left in you.  ;)  BTW, I hope you have taken the mill off of the market.  I got a feeling that it is worth more than the price of a new LT70 to you right now.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

The Ripper

It's threads like this where I'm lost for words and having cancer plaque my family genes,I'll pray for you and  that you fight it to turn the table will all your God given strength. 

sandhills

I'm very sorry to hear this and sorry I missed this thread until now, keep that saw cranked up Jim and THANK YOU for what you have, and continue to contribute to this forum!

Happycamper

Just checking in, it is way too cold to be outside so the sawing will have to wait. I am using some oxygen now and that helps boost the energy level up. I am able to sleep without it at night though. Slated to snow when it does warm up next week so it's wait and see.
                                                Jim

rimshot

were sticking with you Jim and asking that the man upstairs guide your medical team.

rimshot
LT 10 with a 10 h.p. and a converted boat trailer to provide mobility for a once permanent mill.

Magicman

Thank you for the update my Friend.   :) 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

glad to here you are sleeping better!  We are keeping you in prayer,,  and for the record, I think there are plenty of folks riding out the cold inside,  stay strong and warm!   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

diesel pap

i look everyday to see your post jim. thanks for the update. prayers

Thank You Sponsors!