iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not happy to report this

Started by Happycamper, January 21, 2014, 09:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Thanks for the report Jim, and keep hanging tough.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

goose63

Hang in there Jim you can do it praying for you
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Woodsrover

Hi Jim.  Just checked in on this forum after being away for a while.  Sorry to hear about your troubles and have you my thoughts and prayers.  Good luck and hang tough.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SawyerBrown

Jim, whatever you decide, it WILL be the right thing.

Praying for a treatable diagnosis.

Pete
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Happycamper

Update,
  Yesterday met with the radiation dr. and decided to have the series of 5 treatments which started yesterday and one each day  this week. After that there is a chemo pill that might help me some. These measures are only for pro longing life a bit longer and will not eliminate the problem but simply prolong it some which would be fine with me.
      Happy sawing all,
                    Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thanks for your update Jim. Still praying for ya Buddy.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SawyerBrown

And you'll spend less time shaving ...  :-\

Good luck to you, Sir.  Whatever you decide, it will be the right decision for you. 

Pete
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

thecfarm

Jim,right to to ya,Happy Sawing.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Thank you Jim for the update.  You are standing firm like a true soldier my Friend, and I admire your grit.  My prayer is that you will be under-girded with strength and love during this difficult time.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

YellowHammer

Quote from: Happycamper on March 04, 2014, 10:28:22 AM
Update,
These measures are only for pro longing life a bit longer and will not eliminate the problem but simply prolong it some which would be fine with me.
      Happy sawing all,
                    Jim

And its fine with us, too. 
That's the spirit.  You are an inspiration to us all.  Keep fighting, you have a lot of people in your corner praying for you. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

dgdrls

Your strength is a great inspiration Jim

Take care

DGDrls

Nomad

Hang in there Jim.  You're an inspiration to all of us here on the FF, and I'm sure to all your family as well.  Wishing you nothing but the best.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

JohnM

Quote from: nomad on March 04, 2014, 08:08:16 PM
     Hang in there Jim.  You're an inspiration to all of us here on the FF, and I'm sure to all your family as well.  Wishing you nothing but the best.
This what I've been thinking since you started this thread, Jim, just wasn't sure how to say it.  Nomad did it for me.  Thank you both!
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

diesel pap

pine

Here praying that the rad and chemo pills will do their jobs and push back the rate of growth of the cancer.

Happycamper

To say Thank You all for the continued encouragement is very much in order for all you fine fellows. Today will be one more trip to the Radiation machine and council  with the Dr. after that. Will let you know what he has to say and what the future holds for me. Meanwhile I want to say again so many Thanks for all the every kind words and prayers sent my way, you lighten my load by carrying a large part of it.
                                           Jim

clww

You continue to inspire us, Jim!  8)
Good luck today at your appointments.  :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Chuck White

Hope all went well for you today Jim!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

I have to say a  courageous man is what the Lord put in all of us. But it takes faith, faith that can only be compared to Our Lord Jesus, and his example proved true for all to see.  Fight it with all your might, and know that you are a winner in Christ!   Love you Jim, and thank the Lord for your witness of faith and fellowship.
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

francismilker

Jim,
I've been away from the FF for the past couple of months unless it was a rare occasion due to my day job working me 6-7 days a week.  With the milk cows, the church work, the family, and all the rest of life's toils I've not had the time or energy to be online.

The title to your post caught my eye so I opened it to find this sad news.  You're one of the many LT-10 owners that I've enjoyed following as I have one myself.  I count you as a friend and will be praying for you and your loved ones during this difficult time.  If you're a Bible reading man, stand on God's promises and have faith in His will.   
"whatsoever thy hands finds to do; do it with thy might" Ecc. 9:10

WM LT-10supergo, MF-271 w/FEL, Honda 500 Foreman, Husq 550, Stihl 026, and lots of baling wire!

glenn molenaar

Jim,
Our family is keeping you in our prayers.

Glenn & Linda

samandothers

Prayers for you and your family during this time.  Think of you often and the strength you show.  Hope appointment went well yesterday.

Happycamper

Friday finished the radiation treatments. After that I met with the dr. and he said there would be no more at this time. So my next step is to meet with the chemo dr. and learn if a chemo pill would help as the biopsy report should be back now. I'll consider weather to go with this approach after council with the dr. There seems to be little side effects from the radiation other than a bit more cough, a little more tired and I sleep much better sitting in a chair quite vertical. The treatment itself is totally painless and only takes about three minutes or less time than it takes to button my shirt after.
                                                          Jim

Thank You Sponsors!