iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not happy to report this

Started by Happycamper, January 21, 2014, 09:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Hang in there. Everybody here is pulling for you. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

diesel pap

thank you jim for your update. i look everyday at this post. praying everyday for you.

SawyerBrown

Me too, diesel.  We're all kind of like family here.

We're all behind you, brother Jim.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

WmFritz

I know it's been said before, but you are a True Inspiration to me  HC.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

goose63

Hang in there Jim we are praying for you
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

Thanks Jim for continuing to keep us updated.  None of us know when we could face your same situation and your posts are an inspiration.  Stay strong my Friend. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

morgoon

I have read and reread most of this thread as it developed.

I wish you all the best, and I wanted to thank you Jim, and all the others for helping me keep perspective on things..

Crossing my fingers and sending some good vibes down your way!

Morgan
Homemade bandsaw, made by my mentor and dear friend Unto...who turned 85 this year

And I just made my first longbow...awesome

Happycamper

Update,
  Yesterday I got a phone call from the chemo Dr. and he informed me that I would not be able to use the chemo pill he told be about earlier. So chemotherapy is out and there will be none as other chemo would cause more trouble than not having any. In other words the chemo would probably make me feel much worse than not having any which would not help anyway. There is a slim possibility of more radiation if they determine the cancer is going to other places. There is no other help available so will wait it out remembering that I have not had  a short life and  that it has  been a very good one.
                                                        Jim

Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

thecfarm

Quote from: Happycamper on March 20, 2014, 10:04:46 AM
so will wait it out remembering that I have not had  a short life and  that it has  been a very good one.
                                                        Jim

smiley_clapping This is all that I can say for a Great Man like you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Praying for comfort in your life, Jim.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

pine

Praying for you and your family, Jim.

Magicman

Thank you Jim, and I admire the man that you are.  My prayer is that your remaining life will be as inspirational to your family as it is and has been to us.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ND rancher

Jim, Peace to you and yours as you go through this time.Fight to the end!We are fighting the same fight here. Keith
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

SawyerBrown

Quote from: Happycamper on March 20, 2014, 10:04:46 AM
I have not had  a short life and  that it has  been a very good one.
                                                        Jim

Indeed it has, Jim.  Your positive attitude is an inspiration to us all.  Hope I have the same courage you do when the time comes.  Peace be with you.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

morgoon

Well that isn't the news I was hoping to hear...

DanG....

IMHO

Doctors only know the science.. The spirit is the rest of the story and then some...
Homemade bandsaw, made by my mentor and dear friend Unto...who turned 85 this year

And I just made my first longbow...awesome

Nomad

Quote from: morgoon on March 20, 2014, 04:14:20 PM
Well that isn't the news I was hoping to hear...

DanG....

IMHO

Doctors only know the science.. The spirit is the rest of the story and then some...

X2
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Live everyday to its fullest and have a ball Jim!
You're in my prayers.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ga Mtn Man

I'm so sorry to hear the news wasn't better.   I hope it gives you some comfort to know that you have touched and inspired us here on the forum and you will be remembered.  God Bless You Jim.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

customsawyer

I don't think of you any different than the of rest of us. We have to make the most of the time we have left. It isn't how long we live but how we live.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

samandothers

Not what I'd hoped to hear about the pill.   Think of you and your strength and spirit often.  Praying for you and your family!

WmFritz

Jim, thank you for thinking enough of us to keep us apprised of your condition. All of us are so much richer knowing you... even if it's only through the FF.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

rimshot

Happycamper,

When I 'm thinking about my lt10 I will also be thinking about you and all you taught us about life.

rimshot
LT 10 with a 10 h.p. and a converted boat trailer to provide mobility for a once permanent mill.

dgdrls

HappyC.

You continue to be an inspiration even in the face of difficult news. 
Prayers and best wishes to you and your family.

DGDrls

glenn molenaar

Jim,
We will continue holding you up in prayer.
Glenn & Linda

barbender

Jim, I appreciate your positive and contented spirit. God bless you and thank you for keeping.us updated.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!