iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hello new to forum also question about files

Started by JT78, February 05, 2014, 02:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT78

So I would like to start by introducing myself my name is Justin I am not a newbie to chainsaws, but am new to the site. I was wondering has anybody here tried the double cut Oregon files? I usually use the save edge files or husqvarna but was curious if anybody had any feedback on the double cut Oregon. Thanks for anybody that replies and also hope to get to know everybody here.

Dave Shepard

Welcome to the Forum. Are they the normal Oregon files, or something new? I've used plenty of Oregon files, and haven't noticed any difference from other files. I usually use Stihl files with Stihl chain.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

JT78

I was just surfing baileys website cause its time to order some more files and I saw that they carry double cut files made by Oregon it seems to five the idea they are more aggressive and last longer than standard files was just curious if anyone here had tried them.

mad murdock

Welcome JT78. I have used them a while back, they are nice, but not especially outstanding compared to other good files. If they are the best priced right now, I would get them, and if you take more of a liking to them over others you have used, save them when dulled and ship them off to SavEdge to get resharpened.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

sharkey

I have some of the double cut Oregon files.  Seems like they were more expensive than the Save Edge.  The Save Edge files give me a razor edge via a light touch.  If you asked me who I thought was making the Oregon files, I would say Vallorbe. 

JT78

Thanks for the input guys I think I will just stick to my save edge files. I have been happy with them was just curious bout the Oregon double cut but didn't want to pay extra if it wasn't worth it.  Thanks again.

Thank You Sponsors!