iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rough day !!!

Started by sshier, March 13, 2014, 07:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sshier

Lost good part of day with this problem.

the ground just let go and down I went.

Woodboogah

Hope you got it out and back to work with no damage!  That makes for a crappy day
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Bert

I had a similar situation in a skidder. The more we tried to pull it out, the deeper it went. Solution was to hook the cable on a 90 degree angle to the machine and roll it over enough to get some log ends under the tires. Rocked it one way and back the other until we go it "up" outta the muck. Lost  pretty much a whole day and  some cash calling a friend to bring his skidder to help.
Saw you tomorrow!

thecfarm

I have a bog like that.  :(  Mine is only about 200 feet wide,but it's a long one. Only one place to get through it. LOTS and LOTS of rocks for the road.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Autocar

OOOOOOOO my that makes for a bad day for sure  :-\.
Bill

treeslayer2003

i'v had skidders buried like that but not a cutter......them things is heavy.
if you got it out with what ya had there, i'd say ya lucky. my uncle got a 711 stuck like that n it took a large excavator to get it out.

Corley5

That looks BAD  :-\  Really screws up a day for sure.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

kb88

Buried our grapple skidder like that and had to get an excavator to lift it out made for a long weekend

sshier

Took six hours a tj 230, jd 548 and 4 broken chains finaly it popped out day was shot yesterday was much better.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

timberlinetree

That's one to remember or forget. Glad it's out :)
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!