iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yumm..stuff

Started by Bibbyman, June 24, 2004, 07:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

Ed K

Larry

Yeap that's okra.  Delicious fried., pickled, and especially boiled. :D :D  Really goes good with Jeff's favorite – grits. ;D ;D

Be more than happy to ship you a truck load or two – no charge but I'll have to do it before Kathy gets back in town.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Bro. Noble

Huckleberries are ripe here.  Pick and eat a few while cutting logs.  We'vegot lots of plants but very few have berries and they are tiny,  but delicious.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

SwampDonkey

Bro Noble:

Black or red huckleberries? They taste like cranberries don't they? Does anyone on the west coast eat many thimble berry or salmon berry? Not much taste, but the berries are big as your thumb. They look like raspberries and have a big pink blossom. They usually blossomed in April where I lived in Prince Rupert, BC. I'm real glad I'm back in red raspberry and low sweet blueberry country though. ;)

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bro. Noble

Huckleberries are dark blue like small blueberries.  They taste much like blueberries,  but are more 'intense'  for lack of a better way to describe them.

Used to have an old lady in the neighborhood that made her husband a huckleberry pie every summer.  She must have really loved him cause it would have taken her all day to pick the berries.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

SwampDonkey

Bro Noble:

I've eaten both black (blue) and red huckle berries out west. They call the blue ones Alaskan blue berry and they tasted like cranberry, quite tart. Another berry similar to them are the service berries (Almalanchiar sp.), which are red in my area and pretty much tasteless. But they don't seem to bear heavy crops, would take for ever to pick'm. Those huckleberry and blueberry are all Vacciniums. Some places we worked on the west coast mainland was thickets of red huckleberry. Nightmarish to work in. Well some folks like'm , some not I suppose. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Gilman

Keeping away from that hot peanut oil!

Teaching can be fun.

WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Buzz-sawyer

that is ONE HEAVY bird :o
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Buzz-sawyer

In late June we picked a bunch of BLACK RASBERRIES I got the idea to boil em reduce em strain em and add sugar....then use it to top pure vannila ice cream
KNOCKED ME OUT!!! 8) 8) 8)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

SwampDonkey

I like Vanilla grapenut ice cream on my red raspberries too. (Only available in New Brunswick) ;) I've been picking 4 litres of red raspberries in my garden each day for the last week. Its amazing how fast they ripen. My patch is 22 feet long and 10 feet deep. Has anyone been poisened by raspberry over dose? :D :D

Of course I've been freezing the vast majority of them. Picked 6 litres for the folks to feed on. ;) My father has a variety of blackberry that is still producing blossoms. We don't have ripe blackberry up here untill August and September. I have a few wild ones on my woodlot. Raspberry is one berry I like to harvest cause there's no bending over or rippen your clothes to shreds. All up-right like man was ment to be since the caveman ;) :D

Bibbyman

We did some sawin' today but knocked off in 'the heat of the day' to pick a mess of blackberrys.

One simple pleasure in life is to pick a plump, ripe berry and pop it in your mouth.

Alex and Brooke are getting pretty good at pickin' berrys.  Especailly pointing out where they are and holding the bucket.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!