iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cooks customer service

Started by tlkellar, August 27, 2014, 03:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlkellar

just wanted to share my current situation , i usually use an amish guy down
the road to sharpen my bands. he has been swamped with work & has not been able to get to my bands so i made the decision to get a sharpener i ordered a manual sharpener & setter from a small company i was told it would be 3 weeks to get it fabricated & shipped . well about 3 weeks later i am down to 2 sharp bands & company informed me it would be 6 weeks . got refund from that company & called cooks on Monday ordered the cat claw sharpener & manual setter the girl i talked to was very knowledgeable on product + i got 10 free blades & extra cam free .Like i said i ordered on monday ups called me today tuesday & set up delivery for tomorrow . i dont know if this is common practice with cooks but i just wanted to share this example of great customer service 
TK'S CUSTOM HARDWOODS

Chuck White

You'll really like that setup.  The Cat Claw is a great sharpener.

By the way, Welcome to the Forestry Forum, tlkellar.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

BradMarks

Another Forum Sponsor doing a great job!

petefrom bearswamp

Cooks is good as all of our sponsors.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

PineNut

The cat claw is a great machine and that is typical service from Cooks. When I ordered my sharpener, I told the sales personnel that I had an xxx brand sharpener. I was having problems with it and she was ready to call in one of the experts. I stopped her and said that I wanted to salvage the space and put a cat claw in its place. I have not been disappointed with the cat claw.

I have ordered parts from Cooks and if I get the order in early enough, it goes out the same day.     

Skip

I have had outstanding service and quality from Cooks  ;D 8)

ed in idaho

glassman_48

tlkellar,
welcome to the forum and sharing what happened to you.  I am looking for a bandsawmill and they are one of the ones I am looking at.  Nice to hear that about cooks.   

fat olde elf

Hey Michigander!!!!  Since I have it in print that I am so smart.................would you believe that I have a Cooks MP 32 sawmill?  Cooks is a really good outfit !!!!
Great to have met you at the Pig Roast. Say your prayers...........PER
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

redbeard

My experience with Cooks was outstanding also! The sharpener setter is working great for me. I actually don't mind the extra 10 minutes it takes to set with the single setter I like the results Iam getting. Still learning. Two big thumbs up for Marcie and Cooks!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

WmFritz

Quote from: fat olde elf on August 31, 2014, 01:35:15 AM
  Since I have it in print that I am so smart.................

If it's documented, then it must be so!   :P   :D :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Personally I heard nothing but good things when it comes to Cook's!
I think they're a good company and sponsor.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!