iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sad…..but but I believe it was planned from above.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, September 09, 2014, 06:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

8 miles form me (this morning ) a Husband hears in wife fall from a heart attack.
The husband 75, wife 74.

He rushes to give CPR since there was no pulse or breathing.
Seconds into starting CPR, he dies with a heart attack and is laying beside her when they are found.

Neither of them were in good health and I hope you understand me.....I kinda thing this was a great way to go.
They will be missed by a lot of people but a lot of people are thinking the same way I am.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

QuoteHe rushes to give CPR since there was no pulse or breathing.

I take it she was found dead too.

If so, how do they know he rushed to give CPR since there was no pulse or breathing?  Did he write a note?
Just wondering....
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

coxy

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: beenthere on September 09, 2014, 06:29:42 PM

If so, how do they know he rushed to give CPR since there was no pulse or breathing?  Did he write a note?
Just wondering....

Some things you don't analyzes under a microscope BT......this is one of them. Its just a sad situation and you let it be.

goose63

God brought them home to heaven side by side hand in hand just the way thy were in life
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

beenthere

Poston
Just curious, as someone must have made it up then.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

r.man

Long term spouses very often go near the same time and I think it is a good thing. This was the closest I have ever heard of for natural causes. Missed but not forgotten, we should all fare so well.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

WmFritz

I too have known long term couples pass within days of each other.
I agree, it's not a bad way for Spouses to leave this world...75 and 74 are far too young though.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WmFritz on September 09, 2014, 09:08:19 PM
I agree, it's not a bad way for Spouses to leave this world...75 and 74 are far too young though.
It was on the news again just now....they were 83 and 84.

WmFritz

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 09, 2014, 09:11:49 PM
Quote from: WmFritz on September 09, 2014, 09:08:19 PM
It was on the news again just now....they were 83 and 84.

Makes me a bit happier for them. I'd rather of heard 93 and 94 though.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

Quote from: Magicman on September 09, 2014, 09:42:41 PM
Is there such a thing as happy sadness??

Well no, not when you put it that way. We are always sad to lose the ones we are close to. Sadder when we lose them at too young an age.

I think we can find solace when we lose a loved one who has lived a long, rich life. But, we still miss them.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on September 09, 2014, 09:42:41 PM
Is there such a thing as happy sadness??

In my situation it was Lynn.
My Mom died of lung cancer. She was on oxygen for years. In her last days in bed, she told me of seeing her Dad and Brother ( who had been dead for years) motioning her to follow them. When mom told it, she believed it. Mom was in and out of her head during the end. My Dad stayed beside her giving her morphine when needed.
Mom would talk about heaven and her family...she was the last one to go.
I came in that morning to bring my Dad (he was asleep) his Bojangle's biscuit and found Mom had died.
I sat down beside her and took the oxygen from her nose, brushed her hair back, kissed her on the cheek and smiled......I said you made it momma....you made. She'll never hurt again. It was a Happy Sadness.

WmFritz

David, you made a very good point and thanks for sharing that story. I couldn't quite get it all read though. The words on my my screen got blurry.

My children can identify with you and I am going to pass your Moms story on to them, if you don't mind.
My ex-wife lost her battle with lung cancer pig roast eve. Either my son or daughter were with her around the clock since May. Their mother was a non smoker and was diagnosed at age 50; four years ago. Finally, this spring the cancer roared back with a vengeance. She fought hard and I'm proud of my children for the strenghth they had dealing with her suffering. They were both with her when she passed. I guess for them, it was a happy sadness too.

Now I need to figure out why my puter screen won't focus.  ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

Bill Gaiche

Its sad to hear such events, but we believe they are at peace now. Poston, you are crazy funny most of the time and then you tell us such sad things of your parents and that makes tears. God bless them and you also. bbg

Magicman

David, I asked a question and you answered it quite nicely.  Also, Thanks WmFritz for sharing your story.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Quote from: beenthere on September 09, 2014, 06:29:42 PM

Just wondering....

First time I tried to give chest compressions I heard and felt a whole bunch of cracking. Looked at my partner and said oh boy that's going to show up. It wouldn't have mattered anyway.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

SawyerBrown

Great story, Poston.  That's the way many of us want to go ... and not have to live without our best friend.  Thanks for sharing.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

sandhills

I think you nailed it Bill, when I was a freshman in highschool we learned CPR in PE class, our teacher was also my football coach, he said it's very uncommon with elderly NOT to break a rib or two.  Bad part was the first time I tried the compressions on poor little rescue annie doll he blew his whistle at me shooting whoa whoa whoa, I said you might break a rib not the ribs!  ;D I toned it down a little after that.  Magicman, I believe there is a happy sadness, a very dear friend of ours died of cancer a few years back, his family stood beside him 24 7 through the end.  He got to leave this world at home, in the arms of his wife watching the sunrise from their couch when he told her he was ready.  Any fair, wedding, funeral, whatever, I was ever at, if one was there the whole family was there, they're still that way just less one, sad yes but they were all happy to see him go to a better place, he'd earned it.   

Sixacresand

We will never know the day or time we will go.  Most of us on the Forum have lived longer than we have left.  Just be prepared and know Jesus, so when you meet him face to face, you will be welcomed home. Thanks for the post.   
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Sixacresand on September 10, 2014, 03:18:32 PM
We will never know the day or time we will go.  Most of us on the Forum have lived longer than we have left.  Just be prepared and know Jesus, so when you meet him face to face, you will be welcomed home. Thanks for the post.

Good post 6.

Wisconsintimber

timberlinetree

Nice story thanks for sharing and the Lord must have know that one could not live without the other.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!