iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pointer for scale

Started by flatrock58, November 21, 2014, 09:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flatrock58

My sawmill did not have a factory pointer for the height scale.  It is a WM LT40 Super with Kubota 42 and Accuset 1.  I was looking at the online store at parts and the pointer part #017778 had this note beside it (Non-Accuset Only. Replaces M07267 supplied until 4/92. Use 017805 pointer for sawmills equipped with Accuset or retrofit to bent pointer with kit 038591.)
Can anyone tell me the correct pointer part number?  Also what is a bent pointer?

Thanks,
Steve
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

Chuck White

Hello Steve, If I was in your position, I'd just call Wood-Mizer and explain what you have for a mill and what you're looking for.

They should be able to help you out almost immediately!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bandmiller2

Steve a pointer should be simple to make yourself. If your a little vision challenged mount a cheap magnifying glass in front of it. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

flatrock58

Bandmiller2  The home made plastic pointer has cracked and I was going to either buy a new one or make one.  I guess I can call WM like Chuck said and then decide.
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

Sawyer697

They have a metal pointer that replaces the plastic one. A little different, but works good! They will tell you when you call.
1997 LTHD40G24 WM Mill. 640 Bobcat. 555 ford Backhoe, Husky 365XP
40 Acres Foresty
Custom Sawing in Geauga and Lake County
Build my own solar kiln
Build Furniture, Out Buildings
Bee Keeper, Love My Lord

Chuck White

Quote from: Sawyer697 on November 22, 2014, 09:40:21 AM
They have a metal pointer that replaces the plastic one. A little different, but works good! They will tell you when you call.

Yes, as a matter of fact they have 2 different metal ones, one is flat and the other is bent at 90° for mounting purposes!

I put 2 of the flat ones on my mill and gave the old plastic one to my FIL.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

flatrock58

Chuck,

Do you have accuset?  If so what part number did you order for the metal pointer?

Thanks,
Steve
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

Chuck White

Nope, I don't have accuset, but if I understood the Wood-Mizer tech, it is the same pointer!

My pointers are the flat ones, not the 90° ones.

Magicman

I would make the call tomorrow.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!