iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-Classic 2300 wood only water temp sensor

Started by JJ, December 15, 2014, 10:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

Hi,
I notice my wood furnace didn't kick on after family showers this morning.
I check the digital temp, and reading 237F; which I think is max.  I had this reading before, when I had loose connections, which I fixed by re-crimping.
So I reset stove (off/on), wiggled bunch of wires and reading came back to 169F and stove kicked on.

I go inside to read the hot aquastat and is almost 190F (?).  Normally I have good agreement between the outside digital, and indoor analog aquastat which brings me to my question.

Could my water temp sensor be failing, allowing the boiler to get so hot it trips the snap disk?
What happens when snap disk trips?  Does system shut down and reset once it cools down enough?
I think the temp sensor is just thermo-couple.  Is there way to test with ohm meter?
Anyone ever replace this temp sensor?  I lookup the part, and it is just a wire, with metal end.  This leads me to think it sits in own well within water tank.
Is it just pulling old wire temp sensor out, and putting new wire in?  It look like it is just sealed at end with little silicone.

JJ

buckgrunt

I also have a 2300 (wood only).  You most likely need a new controller, which is the digital screen box.  Very simple fix.  The same thing happened to me 2 years ago......

JJ

Temp controller is 10 deg F off, compared to all of my aquastats indoors (4 of them) plus my oil burner.
I have noticed goo inside much softer and more burned off; but my new door seal seems to be taking a beating  :-\.  I have lowered the OWB setting from my usual 189F to 179F.
buckgrunt,
did you get and replace the temp sensor with new e-2300 temp controller?
from my dealer, the temp sensor for the e-2300 comes with new temp sensor at $90.

JJ

beenthere

QuoteI have lowered the OWB setting from my usual 89F to 79F.

Not much above room temp, and less than body temp. Don't burn much wood that way. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

JJ

you r right; add 100F; will update my post.  Would have had a lot of complaints at shower time.   ::) ::)

Thank You Sponsors!