iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Papo, Roxie and Del Valley sawyers

Started by twoodward15, August 12, 2004, 07:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twoodward15

Hi Everyone,  I'm looking for a sawmill that has enough wood and room to support a group of woodworkers of about 30 people give or take a few.  We are interested in meeting up at your mill and buying a lot of lumber.  We basically need a place that can support parking and have enough lumber to go around.  Probably looking at 100 bdft minimum per person.  Some people are looking for upwards of 500 bdft of mixxed hard and soft woods.  If anyone is near us and can help out, let me know please.  Also we are probably looking to do it on a Saturday  (I know, I know  You need time off too, sorry)  And if a specific date is needed then October 9th would be very good.  If you have aprice list you can post it here or e-mail me at    twoodward15@comcast.net   Please send directions as well and a number or e-mail addy that I can get back to you at.  Thanks everyone!!!!
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

oakiemac

How far is too far? A road trip might be in order to beautiful southern Michigan for some fresh fruit (Blueberrys, Cherrys, peachs) and some lumber. ;D
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

leweee

Check the " Find a Sawyer" link to the left. And Happy Hunting. ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

twoodward15

Sure wish someone in my area put there info on that find a sawyer thing.  I keep checking that thing and never find anyone near me.  gues that means I should get a mill and put my info on there.  One of these days!!!

Fla._Deadheader

Have you contacted Sawyerfortyish ??????  He is near the Gap. ??? ??? ???

Them boys in Pa. are just across the creek. ??? ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Roxie

Most of the sawyers in this area are Amish.  Would you like me to get you some contact information....most of the mills have phones.  
Say when

twoodward15

Nah, thanks anyway,  I was hoping you had a mill.  Was kind of trying to stay closer to home.  I think I found a man that will be able to take care of our group, but if anyone sees this and can accomodate us we'd definately stop by to see you!!!!

Kirk_Allen

On hand ready to sell and has been air dried for about a year in covered building.  

American Elm
Hackberry
White Oak
Shag Bark Hickory
Sugar Maple
Walnut
Cherry
Ash
Sasaffras
Honey locust
Osage Orange
Red Oak

Available to saw to yoiur specs.
White Oak
Sugar Maple

Walnut
Cherry
Sycamore
Osage Orange
Cherry
Shag Bark Hickory
Ash
Cotton Wood

Down side?  Im in Illinois
Up side?  I have more than enough room to park 30+ vehicles and/or campers! 8)

Ron Wenrich

You could get in touch with the NJ Forestry Service and find out what mills are in your area.  The state of PA puts out a list of sawmills, if you want to venture across the river.  I'm not too sure what's in DE.

Our find-a-sawyer has 3 NJ mills.  All say they sell lumber.  2 of them are pretty far to the north.

If I can locate my PA listings, I'll let you know.  But, there aren't any in the Philly area.  You're going to have to travel to at least Quakerstown or farther to find a mill.

The developers have forced most of the guys out of the business.  They've fragmented the landownership so badly that its hard to find enough good wood in enough quantity.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

twoodward15

Ron, I can't find any NJ sawyers on the find a sawyer site, can you put them here for me please??  Thanks

Ron Wenrich

What I did was set the search to NJ without any other fields put in.  It returns everyone in NJ.  They are:

Castner's Sawmill in Stillwater

Midhurst Lumber in Stillwater

Sawmill Services in Cranbury

You can contact them by phone or email.

I know a lumber buyer who was working that area earlier this year.  I'll pick his brain for some in PA that might be of interest.

Keep us up to date as to how things are working out.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

twoodward15

Thanks Ron,  I found another guy that I will try to get to join here.  he's in south Jersey.  Gonna see how big he is and if he can handle us.  We'll be about 30 people, possibly up to 45 but I don't think everyone will show.  I'll let you know how it works out.  Sure wish we could drive to Illinois !!!

Thank You Sponsors!