iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Outer Guide Adjustment

Started by homesteader1972, February 12, 2015, 09:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

homesteader1972

Hello All,
I'm looking at my alignment on my LT40, and have read on here about having the outside guide 1/16 higher. My manual does not mention this (1988), so my question is at what point does the newer manuals instruct to set it higher. I'm guessing if I do it last that would work fine, but want to be sure. I am also assuming that it is set at the guide roller itself (not the guide arm), so that it will be 1/16 higher regardless of the width of cut.

Thanks much!
Woodmizer LT40HD20G

Ohio_Bill

I believe the plus 1/16 is achieved by tilting the mast .if it was by the rollers the deflection would be wrong .
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Remle

In my 1996 manual your question is covered in sec. 5-19 Saw Head Tilt. This is the final adjustment to alignment, the book says to measure blade near the out side roller. I run the roller out to within 1/2" wide open and adjust as Bill said by tilting the mast . If it's not in your book, a supplement may have been sent out after the book was printed. I think a call to Wood-mizer is in order or drop down to the sponsor section and post your question, I'm sure they will be glad to answer your question.

Andries

I just did an alignment on my LT30 and the manual didn't mention the 1/16" adjustment at all.
My LT30 is a 1992 model and I'd always assumed that when it was mentioned that it was for the higher horsepower mills.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

homesteader1972

Thanks for the input, I'll set it per the manual and ask about it the next time I call WM. I just needed to go over my guide alignment and thought it may be a good time to look into it.

Thanks again.
Woodmizer LT40HD20G

Magicman

Make a cut on a cant.  Flip the cant 180°.  Make a cut.  If that cut does not produce an absolute uniform "board" with no wedge, then your are adjusted correctly.  If any taper/wedge is there, you need to make some tilt adjustment.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

YellowHammer

Quote from: Magicman on February 12, 2015, 04:41:55 PM
Make a cut on a cant.  Flip the cant 180°.  Make a cut.  If that cut does not produce an absolute uniform "board" with no wedge, then your are adjusted correctly.  If any taper/wedge is there, you need to make some tilt adjustment.

smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!