Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOTE

Hey y'all,
I took your advice and started a new thread 
Building our Dream Home a.k.a. Delusions of Retirement

I hope you will stop by for a while and enjoy the posts.
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

fishfighter

Still been under the weather. Haven't been able to get out. :( But I have been doing a few things around the house for the wife that I had been putting off. ;D

Magicman

Thanks for keeping us updated on your "kicker" Paul.  One thing about us older codgers, we might be lame and crazy, but we ain't lazy.  :D

Have a good day my Friend.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Good morning all. Sorry for not posting. Hope all are well. Haven't done any work on this build. Been doing honey do's in our house.

Had took out the back door and installed a set of double doors. Big project due to having to move a window and then some. Done

Second project was to add a new pantry closet in the kitchen. Done

Third project is redoing the master bathroom. This is a very big project. We had a Jacuzzi tub. Got to the point that it was to hard for the wife to keep up along with getting in and out of. Myself, I couldn't use the pump. It almost drown me setting off my CRT-D. :o

Anyway, I been wanting a soaking tub a long time. Well I have one now. Sucker is 68" long and being 6' tall, it fits great. ;D

Had took out a short wall, moved some light switches, Moved recess ceiling lights and swapped over to LED's, did some floor work, built a new vanity cabinet, retexture the room. Been throwing paint by the gallons and I am still doing that. Hope to rap this up in the next few days and then on to the kitchen for a complete remodel there.

Darrel

Glad to hear that you're still up and at it. I was wondering how things were going. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

samandothers

Busy guy!  Big Tub! Lots of weight!

Nebraska

You've been really busy. Good t hear from you.

BigZ La

I was starting to worry about you, good to hear you were just busy. Keep going. 

fishfighter

Quote from: samandothers on January 20, 2020, 11:55:06 AM
Busy guy!  Big Tub! Lots of weight!

Weight is a problem for me. I can't put any on. Only weigh in at 165.

This is the tub I had installed. Nice to fill that sucker up with hot water and have a cold drink soaking in it. ;D

It's all trimmed out and window shad is in place. I couldn't find white tiles to match, so I installed brick pavers.

samandothers

Yep done that a time or two!

Magicman

It was good to finally see your post and read about your activity.

Pat and I were talking about you yesterday.  I reminded her that I could give you a call if you did not come up for air soon.  Almost a month is too long to be MIA.  no_no
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

I know Lynn. Will not go MIA in the future. How are coming along with the knee?

Magicman

The Dr. said I had no restriction nor limitations so I tried it out.

Still a bit of swelling, but I sawed two days with much walking, climbing, twisting, and whatever else goes with it.  No pain but I will keep some ice on it a couple of times today.

I have an appointment with the shoulder Dr. tomorrow.  I am wearing a shoulder brace which helps.

fishfighter

Got a chance to go tree shopping today. Felled two nice water oaks. I am in need big time of some 1x6's to finish up the trimming. Just been doing things around the house that I had put off way to long.

This is the first one. Have a twin too! 161/2" at butt, the other end is 14 1/2" and the log is 24' long.

Magicman

It's good to see you stirring about. 

Looks like we will have rain all of this week, so no sawing for me.  Hopefully I can satisfy a couple of customers before Dr. Shoulder Sawbones on the 21st.

fishfighter

Got one of the two sawed up, stacked and stickered. That was the first time in almost 6 months from the last time I ran my mill. :( I did enjoy sawing again. ;D

Yep, raining here too! :( 

EOTE

Quote from: Magicman on February 09, 2020, 08:13:38 PM
It's good to see you stirring about.  

Looks like we will have rain all of this week, so no sawing for me.  Hopefully I can satisfy a couple of customers before Dr. Shoulder Sawbones on the 21st.
We have rain all week too.  However, in my case it means processing boards into shiplap as it is indoor "sawing".
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

fishfighter

Still doing projects at the big house. Just finished up the master bedroom. I going to take a break from building anything. Having a few health problems that has pop up. Nothing bad, but just pushed myself way to hard. ;D

Hope and pray all stay safe from the bug going around. :o

Magicman

You stay buttoned up tight Paul.  With your health situation, this is one thing that you do not need, but it is always good to hear from you.  ;)

fishfighter

Well, that goes for all older folks. :o

Came down with a bad case of arthritis in both of my hands. :'( Very painful.

fishfighter

Morning all. Hope all are healthy. Been doing ok here.

With the dry and warm weather, I started breaking down dirt piles that I had moved last summer/fall around the guest house. Was nice and fun playing in the sand box. :D

Please stay safe.

Magicman

Good to hear from you Paul, but nothing exciting happening here, nothing unexciting either, just nothing.  Maybe I will find out what my future is from my shoulder Dr. Monday when/if it happens.  Hopefully I can confirm some sawing appointments.

fishfighter

Good morning all. Just stop in to say we are fine here. No work on the build other then dirt work.

I hope all are taken care of their selves.

bwstout

I was thinking about you wondering  how you were doing knowing your health issues just glad you are doing good. I have really enjoy fowling   your build.
home built mill

Magicman

Thank you Paul for checking in.  Nothing happening here except avoiding crowds, but still sawing.  Only one big ole Pecan log tomorrow, but several biguns (Oak) next week.

Thank You Sponsors!