iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

is it

Started by coxy, April 24, 2015, 06:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

possible to  put hose clamps on rubber hydro line  or will it suck air not being able to get them tight enough  I pinched my fuel line on my skidder and was thinking about cutting it and putting a piece of metal line in there and trying to hose clamp it  :-\

Stephen Alford

Hey coxy, I have added a piece of steel line.  Used a brake line flaring tool on the ends and double hose clamps. Put the clamps opposite each other.  When you say hydro line do you mean fuel line ?  Just used this as a quick fix replaced the line a couple weeks later . So can not say if it is a good long term fix.
logon

Ed_K

I used copper line and 1 clamp on each end never had a problem. Just changed the whole line to the diesel fuel approved line last fall.It has push on ends with no clamps and it's good for 300psi.
Ed K

Jhenderson

Slip fit over plain steel will work. I've had good luck using spring tension clamps instead of screw type. The screw type put uneven pressure on the hose where the screw fits the clamp and can cause leaks under the screw itself. Double clamps wouldn't hurt.

coxy

its hydraulic hose with the wire in it  will hose clamps clamp it tight enough for a temporary/permanent fix  ;D

Hilltop366

I have used the pex clamps (the kind you squeeze with pliers) on water and air hose when I could not find a small hose clamp, it worked so well I did not bother to get any hose clamps. I already had the pliers.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBite-1-2-in-Stainless-Steel-PEX-Clamp-10-Pack-UC953A/202032891

346xp

I have never had any luck clamping hose with wire in it but its worth a shot good luck

Jhenderson

Go buy some real fuel line. Preferably rated for bio fuel. You won't have problems with the proper  hose.

Thank You Sponsors!