iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where to buy blades

Started by Leggman, April 27, 2015, 05:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leggman

I am at a point in my build where I need to get s couple of 174" blades. Experience is always the best teacher so I am asking who should I get my first blades from. I was hoping I could start out with just a couple instead of a box of ten or twenty. Thanks again  Dave

4x4American

Woodmizer will send you blades in any denomination.  They also have an excellent resharp service, from what I understand.  Talk to Janet Goddard there, she will take care of you.  If you speak with Derek Davenport of Kasco, he will hook you up there.  Trisha of Cook's Saw MFG., Matt from TK. 
Boy, back in my day..

Will_Johnson

FWIW 174" is our most common blade size, so we have good availability on them.

We (TimberKing) normally sell in boxes of 6 but since you're trying them out we could split a box for you.

Hope this doesn't violate rules of the forum -- trying to help rather than "sell, sell, sell!"

But if it does Jeff, delete this at your discretion!

Ocklawahaboy

I have only run my one mill and I let woodmizer tell me what blades to buy.  With that said, it is my understanding that the HP you are running and the diameter of your bandwheels guide what thickness, width and tooth count you should purchase. 

You should call someone that understands this better than I and let them guide you to the right blade.  Getting the wrong blade will lead you unhappy with the performance of your mill, even if you have done everything else right.

ladylake

There are a lot of good blades out there, some are way over priced  shop around .  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!