iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Shed

Started by stanwelch, May 11, 2015, 09:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Oh my, that looks good.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

deadfall

Very nice.  Reminds me of the Parthenon. 
W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

stanwelch

:D Partha what??  Sounds Greek to me!!  :D :D
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

WDH

That thing is stout. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

gww

Ox

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

stanwelch

Ox and gww, you guys have to wait.  Jake wants me to build him one first--unless...either of you guys have an EDGER?f :D :D :D
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

WDH

Jake only has two edgers now.  The third one disappeared, suddenly.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on July 11, 2015, 08:43:52 PM
Jake only has two edgers now.  The third one disappeared, suddenly.

::)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

A man cannot keep up with three edgers  :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on July 11, 2015, 09:17:45 PM
A man cannot keep up with three edgers  :).

I'm watching to see if a man can keep up with 1.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

I hear that it can be done. 

stanwelch

Finished the trusses today 8) 8) wahoo!!

Tomorrow if it doesn't rain I'll move the mill back on the pad and cut the rafters for the gable end overhang.

deadfall

Happy for no reason.

Ox

If future generations keep a good roof on that building it'll be around for hundreds of years as well!  Nice.

I see so many big beautiful barns around just falling in because of roof problems.  Breaks my heart because I'd love to have one.  I also understand this is a pretty poor area so money is always an issue.  But sometimes it's the city folk who have the money but don't care about it because only "dumb, uneducated" people need or want barns.  Ain't that something, now?!?
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

gww

Ox
The farm I grew up on had the house and buildings at the end of a 10th of a mile private road.  The people that bought it took down a perfetly good barn that wasn't even real close to the house cause they didn't like the looks of it.  I raised a lot of bucket calfs in that barn and can't believe a guy wouldn't have wanted to keep it.

Differrent strokes for differrent folks.
gww

deadfall

I used to be a brick and stone mason.  I thought I was building for the ages.  People will remodel on a whim, and it gets torn down and tossed out.   It's a very good lesson.  Everything that has a beginning has and end.  Even brick and mortar are the expression of no more than a thought. 

Be happy for no reason. 

Happy for no reason.

stanwelch

I added hurricane brackets to tie trusses to the plates 

And tie straps to the posts and plates. The strap wraps over the top and is nailed down

The LT15 is back on the pad  8)

I'll keep the 10' extension on to see if I like the space to edge boards on this end .  If I do, the next project may be a lean to  :)

Ox

Fantastic.  That's something to be proud of, that's for sure.

fishfighter

WDH

Strong.  Excellent job. 

thecfarm

Stan,that will help out alot.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Gdaddy

Add the lean to , you can never have enough shed. We started out with a 30x30, filled that up, added a 15x30, now that's full .
TK 1220 mill
Massy Ferguson 40 tractor

rconkie

Very nice I need one just like ... hope I can do good as job as you did.

thecfarm

rconkie,welcome to the forum. Whatcha got for a mill? What's all the lumber going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!