iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Franklin Log skidder 1967, Steering/Blade Hydraulic pump help please!

Started by PawPawProducts, May 23, 2015, 01:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PawPawProducts

Anyone on this forum have knowledge bout a Franklin Log Skidder 1967 hydraulic pump that operates the steering and blade? First my sons and I were told there is no serial number on the frame from the previous owner.  We looked where we were told where you step up and under the seat and inside the cage.  The model we were told is a 162 however Franklin claims they never had a 162 only in that year 160 and 170.  The motor we were told was not put into Franklin from new since it is an Allis Chalmers 195H, possibly built between 1963 and 1969 according to serial number  4025624 in  a book my son has by Allis c.  the motor is a 3400 Series Diesel.  The hydraulic pump has no tag however it is a Webster, mounts on the front of the motor only at one end, has two large hoses.  it is a very large pump and was painted green.  Is anyone familiar with this machine where to get parts or can the pump be rebuilt or how to identify the pump?  We are still using it to drag logs.  Thank you.

Lumberjohn

I cant help you with the pump but I have  late 60s Franklin and the tag is on the panel near the foot pedals. Look good, it may have been painted over at some point.

BHC

the 132 franklin i had had the hyd pump on the back of the 353 motor. Not saying the pump is good or bad but make sure your pins in the valve banks are good and not worn out, a lesson i learned the hard and expensive way. Mine had  been replaced with 1/8 inch bolts which don't work good for long, and makes it seem like you don't have a good pump when your not getting the flow needed.
84 C5D Tree Farmer, 78 S8 International, Thompson Band Mill, M14 Foyley Belsaw

thecfarm

PawPawProducts,welcome to the forum. It's good to see that Old Iron still being used.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

PawPawProducts

Thanks to everyone who replied.  It gives me confidence and I feel a little more at ease to know someone else out there is aware of this and similar Franklin machines.  I will definitely look by the pedals.  Sure would help if we could find some numbers.  It looks pretty much like a picture of a Tree Farmer I saw on here that was being restored.  I am not good at posting pictures.  Maybe my Daughter in law will do it.  The Old Girl still purrs and works very hard yet.  Great machine just needs a steering/blade hydraulic pump repair.  I did get a number from here for davoc and called last week but because of Memorial Day have to wait until afterwards.  Hoping they can help. I called quite a few places all over the USA and they seemed most confident they might have something. . 

Thank You Sponsors!