iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tk add ons

Started by dean herring, July 28, 2015, 09:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDW_OR

THANK YOU  Magicman.
I really like my Mahindra 5510 tractor and Farmi 501 PTO skidder winch, 11,000 pound pull

"let the machines do the work"

thecfarm

Nice tractor set up. 30-40hp??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DDW_OR

51 hp

problem is back.

started engine, turned SW (SetWorks) on, pressed set home, moved head up and down and SW showed height.
moved head to highest position and SW display showed about 18 inches. moved head to lowest position, SW display showed negative numbers, pressed set home, SW display showed 1 inch. raised head to highest position and  SW display showed just over 28 inches. then lowered head and display stayed just over 28 inches.
lowered head to lowest, pressed set home and raised head a final time,  SW display did not change from 1 inch.

all head movement was with the lever, never with the SetWorks.

removed encoder, opened case, ohmed cable from encoder board to SW terminal block.
all wires are good. no shorts detected or opens as i moved cable.

here are the voltages measured at the SW terminal block
00.00v  chassis grnd
06.19v  spare
12.59v  spare
06.19v  down
00.00v  limit
06.19v  up
00.00v  limit
05.02v  +5v
11.72v  +12v
00.00v  grnd
09.96v  a
09.97v  b
00.00v  +12v
00.00v  grnd
12.64v  down
12.65v  up

Larry

I've never seen that problem on my mill but it does sound like a loose connection some place.  One place that could cause trouble is the string encoder.  When manufactured it has a hole to facilitate fixturing.  Circled on the picture.  On my mill the hole was open and debris/water could enter the mechanical mechanism which might cause problems.  The encoder manufacture recommends the hole be plugged.  If I remember right I think the thread is 10-32 and I used some  silicone sealant when I plugged it.  Might be something to check out.

In any case you might not want that hole open.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

DDW_OR

here is an update:
received a new encoder made by SICK.
measured from bed to blade = 20 inches
setworks with new encoder measured 20.25.
looked at how cable/cord aligned and saw the hook in saw head was off center.
drilled new hole so cable/cord is now strait; left to right, and front to back.
setworks now shows 20.125

of course timberking did not send any instructions or hardware.
so a trip to Home Depot for some stainless steel hardware.

Ga Mtn Man

Did you set "HOME" at 1" after installing the new encoder?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

DDW_OR

yes, I pressed the "Set Home" button.
the one inch is stored in the Setworks computer.

a member of Timberking showed me how to get into the programing of the Setworks.
if you want to know how then call Timberking.

My saw kerf was set to zero. he had me change it to .08
still is not cutting correctly, but close enough for my lean-too rafters and beams.
will do more on correcting the inaccuracy next week.

DDW_OR

have not forgotten, just snow and higher priority's are preventing work on TK problems.

DDW_OR

have not forgotten, just MUD and higher priority's are preventing work on TK problems.
should start in March 2016

DDW_OR

started the mill up today. did a bunch of one inch cuts. seams to be working. will do some milling tomorrow.

Thank You Sponsors!